Cruise control switch

I got my first Skoda, a new Octavia 2.0TDi Elegance Estate, last week and have a question about the cruise control. Is it OK to leave the cruise control switch in the On position all the time or should I be switching it off when I'm not using it? The manual isn't clear on what is OK.

Edited by Phil Lee

I leave mine on all the time too. You can turn it off by moving the switch part way towards the off position and then letting it drop back to the on position too. Very handy when you want to coast for a bit to match the speed of traffic in front. Hit the down button to turn it on again set to your current speed, hit the up button to turn it on and accelerate/decelerate to your previous set speed.

I've got so used to cc being on all the time in our Scout that when driving my Focus where you *have* to turn it on each time you want to use it, I find it a pain and tend not to use it as much! Leave it on and you'd be amazed how much more use you get out of it.

I leave it on all the time, tend to use it alot as i find the fuel consumption alot better when its on.

Dont think i could go back to a car without cruise control after having it.

Thanks all for your feedback. I'm used to using CC a lot from my previous car in 30 and 40 zones as well as on the motorway so, having read your comments, I plan on leaving it on too.

Just leave it on all the time, I turned it off once, went to use the cruise and thought it was busted for a few seconds until I realised I had flicked the switch.

Is there some law or regulation that states CC systems must have the ability to be completely switched off? other than that I can't see the point of the off part of the switch.