Electricity Generation, Transmission and Distribution Survey

gorilla

Hi Guys

Just looking for your help with my college project I mentioned a few months ago, I have got to a point where I am needing your input. I have set up a online questionnaire that just asks a few questions about the UK's Electricity Industry.

So if you can please can you take a couple of minutes to fill it in.

You will notice that I need some details from you like your name, email, City/Town, County.

The reason for your name is I need to include you as a reference point in my report,

Email is just so I can contact you if needed (I doubt I will ever contact you),

City/Town and County are for statistical purposes,

any way just click here for the survey.

Finally all your information (other than your name) will remain with me (until I finish my course around May 2010) and will never be passed onto a third party.

Thanks

James

Hi Guys

Just looking for your help with my college project I mentioned a few months ago, I have got to a point where I am needing your input. I have set up a online questionnaire that just asks a few questions about the UK's Electricity Industry.

So if you can please can you take a couple of minutes to fill it in.

You will notice that I need some details from you like your name, email, City/Town, County.

The reason for your name is I need to include you as a reference point in my report,

Email is just so I can contact you if needed (I doubt I will ever contact you),

City/Town and County are for statistical purposes,

any way just click here for the survey.

Finally all your information (other than your name) will remain with me (until I finish my course around May 2010) and will never be passed onto a third party.

Thanks

James

what is it your studying. im 3 months into a B'eng in Building Services (Electrical) management, as the next step in sparky quals. sounds pretty similar to what ill be doing?

what is it your studying. im 3 months into a B'eng in Building Services (Electrical) management, as the next step in sparky quals. sounds pretty similar to what ill be doing?

Currently on a HNC Electrical Engineering. Hopefully all goes well and I will get on for the HND and then on to do a uni degree.

Question six. Why no micro CHP option ? There are now, on the market, combined heat and power systems for domestic premises . This will be relevant to large urban locations such as London.

Also within 10 years hydrogen fuel cells will be available for domestic premises.

http://www.solarserver.de/solarmagazin/artikeloktober2000-e.html

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

Currently on a HNC Electrical Engineering. Hopefully all goes well and I will get on for the HND and then on to do a uni degree.

From some one who did this route may I suggest, if you can, that you skip the HND bit and go straight from HNC to degree.

I made it through 5 yrs day relaease / night school with ONC & HNC and then did 3 yrs hons Elec Eng course at UMIST (now part of main Manchester Uni)

I also had no need to go near the UCAS system - just a simple chat interview with one of department heads in the UNI.

All the best with it.

I thought an HNC was the same as an HND but was done on a day release basis whereas the HND is a full time course. I haven't heard of anyone doing an HNC and HND to get onto a degree course.

Try and make sure that your degree is 'with Honours' as it makes your life easier if you want to join a Professional Institution i.e. the IEE

As to your survey, I agree with Babs you require to much personal info.

HNC = Higher National Certificate, HND = Higher National Diploma.

HNC < HND < Degree

HND was 3 years day release for me, not needed to top it up to a degree yet :)

Would have filled it in, but you're asking for too much PII...

I'm sorry that you feel that way but I need the information so I can relate it to my report and prove that I have asked people. I don't like the fact that I need to have your names or email addresses but for the information I need them as I need to include something along the lines of Mr Smith was asked this and said that.

Just from the information there, it's feasible to gain access to various things, email account, online banking etc etc...

I understand that, but I can assure you that none of the personal information will be used like that. Also to access most online stuff now you need DOB as well as a good few other bits of security information. You actually place your self more at risk by using forums. I have also followed guidelines about online surveys and I am fully within these guidelines.

I do appreciate your concerns but I would like to guarantee that the only person that will have full access to this information is myself and after I have passed this assignment the personal information will be destroyed.

HNC < HND < Degree

Well I'll be... you learn sometime new everyday.

I went from ND to degree, so I imagine an HNC is easily good enough.

HNC < HND < Degree

Likewise(but mine was2 yearsfull time ,and from lower than onc ,quite a jump) ,if you look around ,there's unis willing (if you get sponsorship and DECENT HND GRADES) to slot you into a MSC course I missed out ,mainly thriough age when I did mine .But a lot of employers rate experience +HND AS BETTER THAN A DEGREE .