Re-map not feeling like it used to? Read on...

Someone told me before,

Put foot on throttle

Turn on ignition (lights on)

Leave for a few seconds

Turn off Ignition

Remove foot

Leave for a few seconds before starting

Can anyone else confirm this?

Edited by GAFF

Someone told me before,

Put foot on throttle

Leave for a few seconds

Turn off Ignition

Remove foot

Heard that too (although I heard 10 seconds rather than a few) but can't confirm.

Someone told me before,

Put foot on throttle

Leave for a few seconds

Turn off Ignition

Remove foot

When you say "lights on" I assume you mean ignition lights ??

When you say "lights on" I assume you mean ignition lights ??

Yes ;)

I gave it a shot this evening - I think it does work but may only be notable after driving a lot at low revs or after a crappier grade of fuel where it simply speeds up the readaptation process

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the service depts do to cause this?

Or can it happen on it's own?

I ask cos ours (the Mrs drives it mainly, I don't drive it that often) "may" have gone off the boil a bit in 3rd,4th, & 5th.

I say "may", as unless I could drive it back to back with now & a few months ago, it's quite difficult to tell, but I'm sure it used to pull harder/faster

edit....forgot to say, it has not been to a dealers during our ownership

Edited by Jonathan_1.8T

Someone told me before,

Put foot on throttle

Leave for a few seconds

Turn off Ignition

Remove foot

My car isn't remapped, just a boggo PD105, but i tried this earlier out of sheer curiosity before i went for a drive (i had to go out anyway!)

It actually made a noticeable difference. It had been feeling a bit sluggish recently. I've been driving like a bit of a grandad to see how many miles i could get out of my tank.

I think my car had taken the attitude of "if you can't be arsed then neither can i" and given up trying to be quick!

Better than ever now though :rofl:

Does anyone know what the service depts do to cause this?

Or can it happen on it's own?

The only thing I can think of is that most service depts disconnect the battery as a matter of routine, but don't leave it disconnected for very long, so the resetting process can't work as it should.

• 2 weeks later...

mine is a bog standard pd105 classic with a torquetronix remap and recently she's been feeling very lethargic, as well as the engine sounding very lumpy under any sort of decent acceleration... i serviced her about two weeks ago, and despite new everything she still didn't feel keen on starting, let alone performing.....

so i floored the throttle, turned on the ignition, counted to 10 (one banana, two banana etc....) turned it off, let the throttle back up and took her for a run, and my results are .....

HOLY FLUCKING MOTHER OF ...... WOOHOO!!!

...ahem ....... throttle response is much sweeter, lumpiness gone, engine quieter, dead spots gone, and car much more fun to drive.

yes, this works.... :)

• 4 years later...

mine is a bog standard pd105 classic with a torquetronix remap and recently she's been feeling very lethargic, as well as the engine sounding very lumpy under any sort of decent acceleration... i serviced her about two weeks ago, and despite new everything she still didn't feel keen on starting, let alone performing.....

so i floored the throttle, turned on the ignition, counted to 10 (one banana, two banana etc....) turned it off, let the throttle back up and took her for a run, and my results are .....

HOLY FLUCKING MOTHER OF ...... WOOHOO!!!

...ahem ....... throttle response is much sweeter, lumpiness gone, engine quieter, dead spots gone, and car much more fun to drive.

yes, this works.... http://briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Going to try this in a little while and see what happens

I'll try the key in ignition 1st as I carnt be bothered to disconnect battery and have everything reset just yet :)