Yeti in the SNOW

Allams Skoda

I am horrified, that they are so mean not to present one of our most illustrious WWII bomber crew a Cuddly Yeti!

Clean your glasses, Anthony - it's The Plumber not The Bomber.... :rofl:

I pestered James at Allams for a very long time before they released a furry Yeti into my care. I daren't leve it in the car in case someone thinks I've locked a hairy child in the car... ;)

VERY nice photos Plumber and aerofurb! Corrida red looks better of course (i ordered one myself), but I must admit that Aerofurb is a master photographer...

Too kind, ikons!

Some quality snow 'up north', TP - and at least your Monster is easier to spot in the snow than mine! Somehow they do look at home in the wilderness...

• 9 months later...

Just come across an interesting video of a Yeti being driven in the snow, commentary I suspect as I found it on AutoCZ is in Czech.

My link

Just to get you all in the mood for what's likely to be coming our way again. Don't forget to give me a wave while I'm stuck in the Fabia :rofl:

Regards,

TP

Great video. Shame he didn't make it to the topemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Just found this farm video, not sure if it has already been posted My link

I don't understand a word, but hey, towing farm machinery & room in the back for a sheepemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Mike

Great post. Loved the way everyone looked so serious including the sheep. Very amusing and the best test of a Yeti I've seen.

Just come across an interesting video of a Yeti being driven in the snow, commentary I suspect as I found it on AutoCZ is in Czech.

My link

Just to get you all in the mood for what's likely to be coming our way again. Don't forget to give me a wave while I'm stuck in the Fabia :rofl:

Regards,

TP

Nice find, Tim.

Good demonstration of the way the DRL's and turning fogs function.

Also a clear demonstration that going uphill in slimy stuff needs different tyres. It is not quite clear if the tyres on the car are the standard issue or regular winter tyres, but the hill situation needed off-road tyres with big lugs. He also did mention that issue - word was Pneumaticke or sommat like that.

Nice find, Tim.

Good demonstration of the way the DRL's and turning fogs function.

Also a clear demonstration that going uphill in slimy stuff needs different tyres. It is not quite clear if the tyres on the car are the standard issue or regular winter tyres, but the hill situation needed off-road tyres with big lugs. He also did mention that issue - word was Pneumaticke or sommat like that.

Hi Agerbunsen,

had a more careful listen myself, think the driver may have also mentioned words that sounded to my deaf ears anyway like; approach and chains :o:giggle:

Regards,

TP

They looked like standard tyres, very much like the Goodyears I have on mine. But there is a great difference between driving through soft snow and driving on snow that has been compacted by traffic and frozen.

I am still pondering the purchase of a set of snow chains now that Skoda have made them available for the 17" wheel.

Two interesting videos there, pity us Brits can't understand more than a few words of the commentary :no:

They have brought a question to mind though. As a 4x4 newby I was wondering when it would be necessary to employ the "off-road" button. Obviously, when I'm off-road but more specifically once the white stuff starts falling. I had some difficult journeys to and from work last winter in the old Octy, usually following fresh snow mixed with semi-frozen slush and sometimes frozen melt-off on the gutter side of the road. It's pretty much all downhill going and all uphill coming back. Will the Yeti deal with most stuff automatically or will I need to force matters a bit if things get sticky by activating the off-road button?

Couple more wintery Yeti vidoes from YouTube

Driven in slushy/icy conditions in Moscow -

I've noticed the Chinese seem quite keen on the Yeti too, judging by the video's on youtube.

Stron,

it certainly wont do any harm having the Off Road system on in the snow, especially as it gives you the "hill descent" control, plus gives a different, more gentle response to throttle inputs. But please remember that downhill gravity is still the greatest power. It doesn't matter what or how good all the electrics are, if gravity exceeds friction you ain't going to stop!!

Stron,

it certainly wont do any harm having the Off Road system on in the snow, especially as it gives you the "hill descent" control, plus gives a different, more gentle response to throttle inputs. But please remember that downhill gravity is still the greatest power. It doesn't matter what or how good all the electrics are, if gravity exceeds friction you ain't going to stop!!

Tell me about it :giggle: First I think to 180 a Monster, followed by a backwards toboggan run :rofl:

TP

The picture's bad I know but the car is shiny under the snow as it's only 3 days old. Anyhow, what with the blizzard blowing me sideways, it was all I could do to get out of the car and snap this one.

Does this count as the first Yeti in snow picture for winter 2010/2011 ?

Yeti near Moffat 1.00 am November 8th 2010 ...

2yn5b4m.jpg

Edited by rossmoffat

The picture's bad I know but the car is shiny under the snow as it's only 3 days old. Anyhow, what with the blizzard blowing me sideways, it was all I could do to get out of the car and snap this one.

Nice weather your having then :giggle: I think you may be right re first winter pic :thumbup:

Regards,

TP

2yn5b4m.jpg

That's a wonderfully atmospheric shot, look great in poster size! - made me shiver..

That's a wonderfully atmospheric shot, look great in poster size! - made me shiver..

Yep I like it too! And the Yeti itself looks so blue!!! Love it.

Yep I like it too! And the Yeti itself looks so blue!!! Love it.

Thanks. It's actually the solid 'Pacific' blue, not the metallic one. Here's another photo taken about an hour ago but not looking quite so vivid blue without the flash.

2s0ehpe.jpg

Thanks. It's actually the solid 'Pacific' blue, not the metallic one. Here's another photo taken about an hour ago but not looking quite so vivid blue without the flash.

Looks great! And the snow! I need to come up there with mine once I get it. I can't wait to picture mine on snow!