ibiza cupra TDI & vRS differences?

stackie22

Could someone please list all the differences between the Fabia vrs and the Ibiza Cupra TDI? Such as parts which make it handle better, suspension, brakes ect. Also which parts give the cupra the advantage in performance, ie turbo, intercooler ect. Also i am guessing all the parts from the cupra would bolt straight onto the vRS?

cheers!

notable differences would be stuff like:

bigger air intake

bigger turbo (same as PD150)

big FMIC

312mm brakes with AP 4-pot calipers

lower ride height (more so at the rear so it sits level) with softer springs and shorter, firmer dampers (compared to an FR)

thicker front ARB, again compared to an FR

solid console bushes

most probably other odds and sods... :S

not to mention, much lighter too!

I had one and can vouch for the handling being superb, the Fabia is not too far off with a few basic mods but it will never have the nimbleness of the Ibiza due to the weight

i am a fan of seats tbh ive raced a couple and the are very good both performance and handleing wise.... id still go for a vrs though no idea why just seems more errr me lmao! i think most parts are interchangeabe especialy suspension!

I test drove a Cupra TDI before I got my vRS.

The deciding factor was the comfort level in the vRS, as it was my going to be my daily driver. The Cupra ride was VERY harsh compared with the vRS.

I also noticed a bit more turbo lag from the Cupra. It didn't pull as well from lower down, bit once the boost was on song it seemed to rev better than the vRS.

So i take it the intercooler off the cupra tdi would fit straight on to the vRS without to much effort? what about the turbo?? Also would the brakes fit onto the vRS easily, im guessing you would need bigger wheels for the cupra callipers to fit under?? I know most people go for the 312 brakes off of the Audi TT ect but i think the cupra callipers look better!

So i take it the intercooler off the cupra tdi would fit straight on to the vRS without to much effort? what about the turbo?? Also would the brakes fit onto the vRS easily, im guessing you would need bigger wheels for the cupra callipers to fit under?? I know most people go for the 312 brakes off of the Audi TT ect but i think the cupra callipers look better!

The calipers off the cupra are AP branded seat sport and are 4 pot with a disc size of 312mm. You would need at least 17" wheels with maybe spacers to fit these under as they are quite large.

The intercooler would fit onto the VRS but you might need to modify the crashbar slightly to accomidate for the pipeing and mounting

I test drove a Cupra TDI before I got my vRS.

The deciding factor was the comfort level in the vRS, as it was my going to be my daily driver. The Cupra ride was VERY harsh compared with the vRS.

I also noticed a bit more turbo lag from the Cupra. It didn't pull as well from lower down, bit once the boost was on song it seemed to rev better than the vRS.

how soft is the vRS? mine's a daily driver, work is over 50 miles away and I don't find the ride in the Ibiza harsh at all. We drove to the south of France in it and as both a driver and a passenger not once did I get out of the car uncomfortable, someone I give a lift to work comments on how comfortable they find it, even my old nan who's recently recovered from a fall that damaged her back didn't find it uncomfortable.

how soft is the vRS? mine's a daily driver, work is over 50 miles away and I don't find the ride in the Ibiza harsh at all. We drove to the south of France in it and as both a driver and a passenger not once did I get out of the car uncomfortable, someone I give a lift to work comments on how comfortable they find it, even my old nan who's recently recovered from a fall that damaged her back didn't find it uncomfortable.

Maybe it's me & my age!!! Mind you, I did change the vRS suspension to Eibach springs & dampers (stiffer) & that was far better. ;)

The original SEAT Sport suspension on my Leon was too hard & gave a choppy ride over bumps, etc.

So I changed over to Koni FSD's & Eibach springs. It was much better after that. I'm now running Spax adjustable dampers which is surprisingly better than the FSD's.

The original SEAT Sport suspension on my Leon was too hard & gave a choppy ride over bumps, etc.

I tested a Leon FR before buying my Octy vRS for the same reason as it was just too hard !