Weeeeiiiirrrrdddd

Ok bit of a wired one as i havent taken me car apart before but i took dash apart to fit me xcarlink ipod thing to me mfd while taking things apart i lifted the gear stick surround up and found a black switch in the grey foam like it has been put there for some reason as the grey foam as been cut and some1s put grey electrical tape there to join it up... but deap in the grey foam is a black switch and i cant see what it does it has 2 green wires coming out of it has anyone had this on there mk 1 vrs

thanxs ian

Has someone retro fitted an OEM sat nav to your car?

I seem to remember that there is a switch in the wiring loom for that somewhere.

Good thinking :thumbup: . An aftermarket DVD or TV headunit will often have a switch that should be activated when the handbrake is on basically to stopyou wantching DVDs whilst driving :p

• 2 weeks later...

Te control to stop you watching videos as you drive is driven from the GALA signal (this tells the radio/satnav how fast you are going and changes the volume out of the unit )

Disconnecting this from the sat nav lets you watch videos/tv .

There are two feeds of GALA to the satnav but only one needs disconnecting

Has someone retro fitted an OEM sat nav to your car?

I seem to remember that there is a switch in the wiring loom for that somewhere.

That a good bet, I had this when I fitted a OEM Sat Nav, my switch is routed to glove box, where i want to fit a slimline DVD player at some point to run in aux to the Sat Nav.

Was going to suggest the same as the above poster..

If it's an ex plod car then it could be a run lock system that they had installed, which basically allows us to keep car running remove key and then make the car safe whilst were chasing the baddies!