(Another) battery replacement thread :)

150HP&counting

Hiya everyone....

like most in the country the very cold conditions and most things that zap the battery turned on in the car, it seems to be taking its toll on the cranking power of the battery in my 53 plate octavia mk1..

Being that the battery could be the original one... i presume am in need of a new one. The car is starting just about after being left overnight, but if after starting i only travel a short distance and turn off engine (as i did fri evening) it was very close to not having enough ooomph, and that was after a 6 mile drive.

Anyway i noticed baker21 mention the Bosch silver in another thread and thought i would ask if the following is what i would require for the vRS:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_734763_langId_-1_categoryId_165762#dtab

cheers everyone... hope we are all hanging on in there with this prolonged wintery weather :thumbup:

lee

Hiya everyone....

like most in the country the very cold conditions and most things that zap the battery turned on in the car, it seems to be taking its toll on the cranking power of the battery in my 53 plate octavia mk1..

Being that the battery could be the original one... i presume am in need of a new one. The car is starting just about after being left overnight, but if after starting i only travel a short distance and turn off engine (as i did fri evening) it was very close to not having enough ooomph, and that was after a 6 mile drive.

Anyway i noticed baker21 mention the Bosch silver in another thread and thought i would ask if the following is what i would require for the vRS:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_734763_langId_-1_categoryId_165762#dtab

cheers everyone... hope we are all hanging on in there with this prolonged wintery weather :thumbup:

lee

Unless you have a halfords trade card, i wouldnt bother, thats very expensive for a battery, im sure if you shop about, u should be able to find one for £75 - £80.

Euro car parts or Supac batteries have served me well in the past for brand name batteries :)

Hiya everyone....

lee

Hi Lee

You are poss right, it had it day on a 53plate, but no battery will get charged on a 6 mile journey, in is moer likley to be a 40/50 mile run to charge a battery

that had hammer of a cold start.

Short term, is there any way of getting it on charge over night ?

Radiotwo

I bought a new Bosch battery with 3 year warranty for my 53 plate Octy TDI (Type 096 battery) from my local motor factors for £53.

Presumably the TDI battery will be bigger than the vRS one?