Most effective ways of removing salt

cheezemonkhai

While it is still cold and nasty, obviously you can't just get out the pressure washer and foam the car.

So without a supply of flowing water, what do people suggest as the best way to clear the salt from a car after driving around in this weather.

At the moment I'm thinking a garage with a pressure washer seems to be the plan.

just leave it for the moment, seeing how much grit and salt is coming up off the roads at the moment it will only take a quick drive round the town to be back to square one. as long as your windows are clean, lights and number plates then you wont be breaking any laws.

.....as long as your windows are clean, lights and number plates then you wont be breaking any laws.

Unless you happen to be driving in Moscow, where it is illegal to drive a dirty car.

Marvellous. They haven't quite mastered the art of making toilet paper yet, but they have a law like this!

Bob.:sick:

I've not been able to wash my car for bloomin' ages because of the same reasons. Too cold at home and all the pressure washers shut down.

Finally got the car to a pressure washer today and gave it a good blast to try and get the salt off it.

Looks like the rear discs have taken the brunt of the damage! They are a rusty crusty mess. The fronts look like they'll clean up with a few high speed heavy applications.

I hate to think what the front struts look like now!