dpf fitted or not

H Folks. I'm ready to change the oil and filter in my 2007 1.9 octavia tdi. How do I know for sure if the engine has a dpf fitted? What oil will I use in the change as I have heard that there is a diferent oil for engines with a Dpf fitted? Would it also be beneficial to change the air filter? 35k done from new with a sprinkling of dust from Angel Tuning!!

Highly unlikely you have a DPF on that one.

If your exhausts fire downwards you don't have one, if they point staight out the back then there is probably one fitted.

Most people opt for the VW507.00 spec oil for higher mileage at least. Change the air filter for sure, it can only help!

If in any doubt about your oil you should speak to someone at Opie Oils, they'll point you in the right direction.

You'll be wanting a new fuel filter at around 40k as well.

To be sure lift the carpet in the boot and look for the spec plate (sticker with lots of three letter codes) - if it has 7GG on it you have a DPF but IIRC the only 2007 models that had a DPF were the 2.0TDI scout and 4x4.

• Like 1

Cant you just drive and then put your foot to the floor?

If you cover the person behind in black smoke you've not got one?

I can definetly do that!! I have no dpf

Thanks again folks. You're help is brilliant as always. I'm going to get Castrol edge oil 5w30...507, with oil and air filter and try and find that pollen filter thingy in the front passenger compartment . I do love smoking out the boy racers in their tin cans!!

Cant you just drive and then put your foot to the floor?

If you cover the person behind in black smoke you've not got one?

I can definetly do that!! I have no dpf

Nice idea Chris, the only problem is mine doesn't chuck a plume of smoke out either - and it's a PD (no DPF)

AFAIK 507.00 is primarily for cars on QG1 variable service.

All 1.9TDI Octavias in the UK are non DPF.

the only 2 current models with the DPF are the Scout 2.0TDI and the 170 PD/CR vRS TDI.

Any new TDIs like the 1.6CR and lower powered 2.0CR units will all be eqipped with a DPF.

the only 2 current models with the DPF are the Scout 2.0TDI and the 170 PD/CR vRS TDI.

Any new TDIs like the 1.6CR and lower powered 2.0CR units will all be eqipped with a DPF.

Thanks, that confirms that mine doesnt have DPF and I can use 505.01 oil (should be fine for fixed changes)

Not quite right - the standard 2.0TDi 4x4 has a DPF as well! ;)

Not quite right - the standard 2.0TDi 4x4 has a DPF as well! ;)

All the time I was typing that I was sure there was another one with DPF but I couldn't recall what it was :giggle::thumbup:

Has it always had the DPF or is it a recent addition?

All the time I was typing that I was sure there was another one with DPF but I couldn't recall what it was :giggle::thumbup:

Has it always had the DPF or is it a recent addition?

I do that - type away and forget what I'm trying to type... :rofl:

It's always had one I believe - ours is a March 07 and has one and I think the 2.0 TDI was only introduced in the 4x4 in late 06 so I'm pretty certain the DPF's were standard from day one on the 2.0TDI 4x4.

• 10 years later...

If exhaust pointing down there should be no dpf but also a great way to tell if it has a dpf or not in the cross over year of 2009, lift boot floor cover,lift out spare wheel, there should be a label there, if you see the code 0gg(theres no dpf)👍see pic

Screenshot_20210123-203649_WhatsApp.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From Eu standards (European emission standards)

-> EU1, 2, 3 almost no (regular basic) vehicles have DPF installed 

-> EU4 not all vehicle have DPF filter installed, depends from manufacturer, car models etc.

-> EU5, 6, 7 almost all (regular) vehicles have DPF installed

for skoda:

code: OGG - NO DPF filter

code: 7GG - YES, DPF is installed