New Motor

jasc1988

allegedly one of the best hot hatches you can get... fantastic volvo engine, and good handling.....

only downside as far as I know is fuel consuption.... but if you didn't have the money you'd have bought a deisel B)

I dont think I'd choose one, as when I was at the AA I had 4 new focuses in 3 months, because they all broke, and that really put me off... but maybe I was unlucky...... :wonder:

awesome cars mate........you are right about the engine, strong and proper quick and they also sound ace. i test drove one before buying the octy vrs.............it handled like it was on rails. you have basically mentioned the reason i didnt buy....................costs-fuel and insurance but if the heart ruled the head and the wallet :rofl: i would have an ST

What colour did you get??

yeah no pic of the Civic...

i do have 2 of it on my phone however... a before and after pic :(

erm i got rid of the fabia as it was too slow for my liking.... and wasnt the most reliable car on the planet. Poor clutch and turbo, leaked coolant which did my head in which ultimately forced me to sell

the Focus is Performance Blue... Standard..

Im planning on privacy tints, eibachs and a Bluefin then leave it

yeah no pic of the Civic...

i do have 2 of it on my phone however... a before and after pic :(

erm i got rid of the fabia as it was too slow for my liking.... and wasnt the most reliable car on the planet. Poor clutch and turbo, leaked coolant which did my head in which ultimately forced me to sell

the Focus is Performance Blue... Standard..

Im planning on privacy tints, eibachs and a Bluefin then leave it

No ASBO orange then :rofl: ?

no... no asbo orange....

i do like the orange though but id be a bit nervous about buying one....

too bold i think... you'd just get labeled a **** i think

they look ace but i know what you mean......................same as a yellow vrs, looks great...........takes guts and a nice neighbourhood (or top security) to buy one

Shame about the EK9 Jase! :'(

I like the ST but don't think I'd buy one myself - quite a few round here and likes a drink a bit too much :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy it though :thumbup:

Your list of tweaks sound sensible, but agree with Johnny - you need a zorst for it too! B)

well went to test drive the focus today

and all was not well :(

turbo kicked in as you'd expect....

then hit 4 k .... boost guage hit the red and it just stopped.... was like hitting a brick wall.... was the same in every gear

so i suspect a bust turbo....

so i walked away

HOWEVER

i went up to Glasgow and picked up an 06 with 33k ST3 with the heated leathers in blue for

£10,500

years warranty

just serviced

years mot

and years tax

tank of fuel too

collect tuesday :D

every cloud has a silver lining

Evo magazine ran an ST as a long termer and they had it tweaked by mountune, new FMIC, air filter and remap. They then data logged it against an RS, the ST was quicker in a straight line, have a read:

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/242665/ford_focus_st_mountune.html

Edited by peter0976

• 2 weeks later...