Columbus TV adapter upgrade

lancsamb

Many memebers have talked about the TV upgrade on the columbus system but no one seems to have the answer. I have driven a demo superb in Preston and it had the TV working, but I could not find this as an extra and the dealer said he did not think it could be added as an extra . Can anyone answer this question please

In Ireland it is listed as

3T4375C.................... SUPERB ELEGANCE 2.0 TDI 170HP .................... RNC..................................DX NAVIGATION SYS +TV TUNER ...................... €1120.55

The part code In the UK may not be the same tho

In Ireland it is listed as

3T4375C.................... SUPERB ELEGANCE 2.0 TDI 170HP .................... RNC..................................DX NAVIGATION SYS +TV TUNER ...................... €1120.55

The part code In the UK may not be the same tho

Is that the complete columbus system?

good god.. and it disables when you start moving.... i think ill give it a miss!

As required by law, its also the same when watching DVDs although the audio still continues to play.

As required by law, its also the same when watching DVDs although the audio still continues to play.

Yea but what if my passenger wants to watch "corrie" when we are driving to the "in laws"

Yes, 2 Points of failure there... lol

Your passengers can, only the main headunit screen is blanked, if you have external screens connected to the columbus (it has av out on its main connector) then these are not blanked out.

• 2 weeks later...

so is it possible to buy\fit a tuner to the columbus system?

its mentioned in my manual for it but was never an option.

would think its an awesome feature for those long traffic jams! (would keep the mrs quiet anyway!)

• 2 months later...

Hi

Has anyone worked out whether an aftermarket tv tuner can be added?

I've found this DVB TV Tuner on eBay, but am not sure if it is compatible.

If it is, would the existing ariel be able to provide signal? I think adding a second ariel may be a negative here.

Regards,

Andover Tabler

Hi

Has anyone worked out whether an aftermarket tv tuner can be added?

I've found this DVB TV Tuner on eBay, but am not sure if it is compatible.

If it is, would the existing ariel be able to provide signal? I think adding a second ariel may be a negative here.

Regards,

Andover Tabler

You need to find out if the Colombo unit has line in or not, if it does, then that unit will be fine.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was struggling to find the £150 TV adaptor from the link sorry, where about on their page is it?

Where is says multimedia on the right, £150 is for the part only if you already have a freeview box

• 2 weeks later...

We are pleased for your interest in the Columbus RNS. TV Tuner for the Columbus was developed for the Superb only (this solution includes e.g. rear window fitted with aerial). Therefore we cannot provide you with any parts to connect the Columbus with your DTV box (at least it is not available within Skoda Genuine Parts). Such part should be provided by supplier of your DTV box.

7-digit ZIP codes will be available on the Columbus starting from 22nd calendar week of 2011. Please note that it will work only if you have both new navigation and new map-data. Whether you would have “old” sat nav, neither old maps – you will not be able to use this feature.

Best regards

7-digit ZIP codes will be available on the Columbus starting from 22nd calendar week of 2011. Please note that it will work only if you have both new navigation and new map-data. Whether you would have “old†sat nav, neither old maps – you will not be able to use this feature.

Best regards

7 digit post code on the 2011 columbus systems! is this correct???

i hope so

This be what ya be wanting me hearties.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Freeview-TV-Receiver-Box-Digital-DVB-T-Free-Aerial-Car-/190412167484?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c5573193c

Well as long as there is an AV in AUX port on the back of the headunit anyway, this will give you tv and video playback from an SD card, what it's like I have no idea, but usually that Chinese stuff does do what it says on the tin, small form factor also.

7 digit post code on the 2011 columbus systems! is this correct???

i hope so

Not quite:

7-digit ZIP codes will be available on the Columbus starting from 22nd calendar week of 2011.

Meaning they will be introduced in week 22 of 2011 (end of May 2011)

BvbUkQBGkKGrHqQOKkIEwQB5rLUMBMEifoE.jpg

This be what ya be wanting me hearties.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Freeview-TV-Receiver-Box-Digital-DVB-T-Free-Aerial-Car-/190412167484?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c5573193c

Well as long as there is an AV in AUX port on the back of the headunit anyway, this will give you tv and video playback from an SD card, what it's like I have no idea, but usually that Chinese stuff does do what it says on the tin, small form factor also.

The Columbus does not have an av input on the back, there is a place for one to go but finding one is like finding hens teeth, I think it plugs in just below the Ariel plugs

Edited by skippy41

BvbUkQBGkKGrHqQOKkIEwQB5rLUMBMEifoE.jpg

The Columbus does not have an av input on the back, there is a place for one to go but finding one is like finding hens teeth, I think it plugs in just below the Ariel plugs

Hmm yeah, looks like if it is a way in, it's been reserved for our hardware only with that face, I can see a twin Fak, but what is the blue one for?

Hmm yeah, looks like if it is a way in, it's been reserved for our hardware only with that face, I can see a twin Fak, but

what is the blue one for?

Sat Ariel :thumbup:

I just wish I could find a picture of the TV adapter to see where they go on the back and to see what they look like

Edited by skippy41