We have OVER 54,000 members !

sparky2

BTW..What does honarary mean?

Basically means they have been a moderator but decided to hang up their banning towel, so get lifetime membership of the site as a reward. B) Kind of a nice way to say "thanks" :thumbup:

I've no plans to do similar and my banning towel is well and truly hanging around my neck waiting to be twisted into a coil to whip the ass of the next spammer! B)

i must say i use this forum only now, i previously was on clubvauxhall and when i was 17-18 i was on a modified car forum and both of those two if you ask a question that would be obvious to a majority of people but not all, half the members would lay into you take the p*** for asking the question and the admins and mods condoned it and often joined in. this one however even if the silliest questions someone will help you even if it is stating the obvious! maybe more mature members perhaps, or a different kind of member completely! i enjoy reading through random threads on here unlike the above other mentioned forums so keep it up from the top down to the basic members!

Just like to say (like many others), thanks for the work keeping this such a good site. I'm getting my first Skoda, a Yeti, soon and its been great to discuss this new model on here. The only slight hiccup was when I started a thread on xenons and the posts starting getting a bit tetchy but a moderator stepped in. Thanks for that too! :yes:

• Administrators

Thanks all. Still a lot of work to do to make this version of the site right!

But it's all part of the experience.

We have a massive amount of guests and general readers. Last time I checked, possibly October / Nov I'd be seeing around 700 to 800 known logged in unique users a day... of course a fraction of those would post.

It could be more, it's quite nice when it's less, the site retains a nice community feeling. People come and go, I hardly post now but not for any reason other than I have few questions of the community having read alot over the last 5 + years.

I also tend to tinker on the servers and answer emails on lost passwords more than I care to... but that's *life*.

Thanks again to one and all who support the site, one day you know it might well be 50k members in freedom... hope not, but hope so too, would make life a lot easier... I tell you what I'd happily put on a few events for free to :)

• 3 weeks later...

How do you become an Honorary Member, does one have to Sleep with someone or does it cost you money...:giggle:

Should have read an earlier post. I could have sworn it would have been " Sleeping with someone "

You can sleep with me if you like, I'll give you something in return.............Babs

Good Grief over 50+ k :o registered, and I thought the internet would never catch on :rofl:

It is really fantastic going from around 3500 when I joined to what it is now.

Hopefully some of this large number who live in the S.east will see the monthly meet we have & come down, It would be nice if we got a regular numbers of around 15, I would then start to look at organising the odd spring & autumn event.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So.. users in the 'normal' member group, that have a post count of more than 5 and have posted in the last month = 1384

Unless someone has a different definition of 'active'??

hiya.....i like to consider myself 'active' even though i rarely post a message.. i like to browse tru previous messages and pick up bits and pieces of info- its an OUTSTANDINGLY good website- always helpful and friendly - many many thanks for all your efforts

I don't think Brimma is active< to make on average 33 posts a day he must never get out of the house ,or is on here at work> Sorry Brimma :giggle: Actually How many of you guys and gals out there are posting when should be working .I work split shifts so can be random ,no place for a computer in a busy kitchen

Edited by bluvrs2

• 1 month later...

I've noticed we've just past 58,000 members

I have also just notice that very soon we will get to the 2,000,000th post. (ATM 1999543)