ESP on/off switch

Hi,

I have on order an Octavia Elegance and have just noticed that there is a switch that turns off ‘ESP.’

Not being at all familiar with the workings of ‘ESP inc. ABS, MBA, MSR, ASR, EDL, HBA’ (although I have found a description of all but HBA in the Octavia brochure :( ), or ever had a vehicle with any of the above, other than ABS, was wondering what difference that switch has on the normal driving of the vehicle?

Does the EPS, when ON, take away the normal driving response of the vehicle or is it seamless function, to which the driver has no knowledge or is there any noticeable difference when OFF?

Much obliged for any answers, in layman terms please :) . RoystonB

I have 2010 Scout and had to switch off ESP in a car park with deep snow and bad rutts. with ESP on the car moved all over the place,when off(skidding car lights up on dash) car went where I wanted it to.

Are you sure you disabled the Traction Control only? ESP can not be disabled on 2010 models, but not sure since when, as mine is from April'10 and only TC can be disabled with ESP button.

Are you sure you disabled the Traction Control only? ESP can not be disabled on 2010 models, but not sure since when, as mine is from April'10 and only TC can be disabled with ESP button.

i have a 07/57plate vrs, when i press the esp button, what will that disable ? ESP or TC or both ? orange light of car skidding, lights up on dash when button is pressed

I think for you a single press of ESP button should disable TC only, and if you keep ESP button pressed ESP should be disabled. Try when you can and tell us the results :)

I think for you a single press of ESP button should disable TC only, and if you keep ESP button pressed ESP should be disabled. Try when you can and tell us the results :)

ok i will, but if you dont hear from me again on here again...ever... you will know that esp is off when button is kept pressed...... :wonder: