Which one would you go for?

Mike B

OK I'm looking for you opinions as I'm out of my depth here!

I want a netbook for general faffing, Surfing and more importantly VCDS (portability)

I've just been to Tesco and these 3 were on offer, So my question is, If it was your money which one would you go for and why?

HP

Emachines

I can't see the third one on the website but was similar to this Acer But with a 250gb HD 2mb RAM and Vista home basic for £249.00.

I'll pop back tomorrow and get the cat number to update this thread.

Thanks in advance,

Mike B

Wouldn't touch acer with a barge pole or emachines. I would go for the HP or Dell tbh. Have a look over on www.hotukdeals.com for the best bargains.

We just bought 15 Dell mini 1011's from the Dell outlet for £150 each. Apparently refurbed but are brand new.

The ACER's I was looking at were a good spec, but I didn't like the way the keyboard would flex under moderate pressure, not when they're so thin and close the internals. I'm on an 11inch HP dm1 at, and it's fine, well built and nk keyboard flex. Granted it's not the same as the one there, but I would go for the HP if you can live with the side mounted mouse buttons.

I've got so used to the side mounted mouse buttons on my Acer that anything else now feels funny!

The Samsung has great battery life as we have one of those at home too!... I wouldn't recommend anything with a 3 cell battery as my Acer is lucky to last an hour.

Edited by foureyes

i brought my current laptop (HP) from pc world business clearence for a bargin price of £300 instead of £550 because of an open box - never even been powered up! brought my current desktop (IBM lenovo) from there at a discount of over £200 for the reason of a taty box :rofl:

when i enquired as to see if i could order off the business side they said yes - so i paid with a card on the net and had them delivered.

2 things to watch out for are occasionaly the item is listed but due to low stock it might not be available when you buy but they do email to confirm availibilty and also product support for the item starts on the original purchase date e.g. if the pc has been returned and you buy it you might get 1 months remaining warranty from the manufacturer but as far as im aware the normal 1 year from pc world - but dont quote me on that.

some items they list are not worth bothering as the discount is nothing to buying new but some items have big discounts. I was a bit wary when i got the laptop as it said returned (expecting marks/damage) but it was immaculate and untouched.

other places to try are http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/ and http://www.ballicom.co.uk/ both in coventry - i play one against the other for prices and they normally match even when there cheap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok didn't propely read the thread above me but any one looking for an occasional bargin look above

Edited by earos74

For my money it would have to be HP all the way. You want support?

Don't buy HP then...

I'm an IT professional and HP support is absolutely shocking. I dread having to log a call with them... and I work for a company that has HP GOLD preferred partner status and it's still a bloody joke

Don't buy HP then...

I'm an IT professional and HP support is absolutely shocking. I dread having to log a call with them... and I work for a company that has HP GOLD preferred partner status and it's still a bloody joke

Yep i'm with you on that one and Lenovo aren't much better! Dell Business support is 100 times better.