Walnut dash trim

redandwhitepauly

Hi Peeps. I am about to order a 2.0 140bhp Elegance and I have noticed that some pictures of the interior show a walnut dash trim where some others show a silver trim ?

I know this is not a factory option but wondered if this is a country thing and would a UK car only get the silver trim ?

Ta. :)

Hi and welcome,

the elegance gets a 'Cosmic' trim which to me anyway looks very similar to brushed aluminium. The SE is finished with Quartz and the S / E has a much darker Graphite effect.

Only have a close up of the SE although other members may be able to contribute with the other trims. The Boreal Wood effect is not available here, I think it could be on the options list in France.

4193674916_d42b6323df_b.jpg

Regards,

TP

Wood dash inserts arent my cup of tea im afraid but I like the silvers in the SE and more so the Elegance.

Does anyone know if the wood dash inserts are actually real wood or whether they are actually wood 'effect' like a lot of mainstream manufacturers use?

Also, does anyone know if the brushed effect inserts in the Elegance are actually metal as they have always seemed very cool to the touch to me (indicating that maybe they are?)

Lee

Hi and welcome,

the elegance gets a 'Cosmic' trim which to me anyway looks very similar to brushed aluminium. The SE is finished with Quartz and the S / E has a much darker Graphite effect.

Only have a close up of the SE although other members may be able to contribute with the other trims. The Boreal Wood effect is not available here, I think it could be on the options list in France.

4193674916_d42b6323df_b.jpg

Regards,

TP

Love the radio :p

Is it cheesy or am I allowed to like that? I think it looks good, adds a bit of colour to the dash. Feel free to laugh and abuse me if I am living in a 70's world. :giggle:

As "fake wood trim" goes, I think that looks really good, better than the finish offered in the Superb to my eyes anyway :thumbup:

If you like the fake wood trim, go for it.

Personally, I am not for anything that pretends to be wood, but isn't. It also seems a little out of character for the vehicle. Real wood on a vintage 3.8 Mark II Jag is something entirely different.

I must admit I'm not a fan of wood trim or fake wood trim unless the car is a Jaguar, Bentley, Rolls Royce or possibly an Aston Martin. In any other car it just looks naff. Rover used to be able carry it off in some of their cars as well.

I really don't t think it suits the Yeti but each to their own. If you like go for it.

I'd like to see Skoda offer a special edition style of Yeti where the internal trim, like the wood, would be the colour of the outside. This is what Fiat do with the 500 and it works really well with bright colours. It makes the car a "fun" car. It is not to everyone's taste which is why you need the standard version but it would liven up the car for those who want it. If you have not seen this before go to the Fiat website and build your own 500.

Looks rather Rover to me.....

Agree with you there...

Looks just like the wood trim on our Rover Tourer... which went for scrap on Monday :'( so we could have our new Yeti :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...