Exciting new options for the Yeti!

RapidRonnie

Salesman at my local dealership has ordered a 140hpCR 4x4 Elegance DSG for himself, which "the system" tells him will be delivered in September.

hmmm... I would love a DSG TDI but the salesman I spoke to saw but nothing about the DSG on his"system".... They do treat people like fools these sales people. Does one force them to accept an order or just get a manual and live with it?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm... I would love a DSG TDI but the salesman I spoke to saw but nothing about the DSG on his"system".... They do treat people like fools these sales people. Does one force them to accept an order or just get a manual and live with it?

My dealer, Progress Skoda in Letchworth, freely admitted to me last week that they would have a DSG Yeti in about 6-8 weeks time.

Where in London are you? Letchworth isn't too far from N/NW London or you could try James @ Allam Skoda in Epsom (very Briskoda friendly).

However, your dealer may just be playing the system 'by the book', as IIRC the CR140 DSG isn't officially available for order yet; e.g. it is not listed/priced on skoda.co.uk as yet.

Nobody knows if these options will be available in the UK or not.

I suspect the sports seats and heated front screen will be made an option.

But I'd imagine that Tangerine Orange won't be made available as they've just taken it out of the Fabia range which is sad as I'd love an orange one, the Yeti really suits bold colours.

At this time we can't actually order the Yeti TDI DSG, so I don't he has actually ordered one. Depending on how his company works he may have submitted the order to the admin department but the actual order of the vehicle cannot be put through just yet.

My dealer, Progress Skoda in Letchworth, freely admitted to me last week that they would have a DSG Yeti in about 6-8 weeks time.

Where in London are you? Letchworth isn't too far from N/NW London or you could try James @ Allam Skoda in Epsom (very Briskoda friendly).

However, your dealer may just be playing the system 'by the book', as IIRC the CR140 DSG isn't officially available for order yet; e.g. it is not listed/priced on skoda.co.uk as yet.

I ordered mine from Progress Skoda too! Thought 'Vic' was great at the time. Really helpful and honest but since placing my order, he hasn't answered one of my emails which is rather annoying...

I ordered mine from Progress Skoda too! Thought 'Vic' was great at the time. Really helpful and honest but since placing my order, he hasn't answered one of my emails which is rather annoying...

Allams are good at replying to emails. Even when James was on a day off his colleagues would reply on his behalf so that I didn't get ignored. I sent quite a few too.......

Just in case you are going off on the wrong tack ..... don't confuse availability of different models; 1.2TSI DSG is available; 140CR TDI DSG isn't yet.

PS> From experience I find it better to phone the guys at Progress.

Nobody knows if these options will be available in the UK or not.

I suspect the sports seats and heated front screen will be made an option.

But I'd imagine that Tangerine Orange won't be made available as they've just taken it out of the Fabia range which is sad as I'd love an orange one, the Yeti really suits bold colours.

At this time we can't actually order the Yeti TDI DSG, so I don't he has actually ordered one. Depending on how his company works he may have submitted the order to the admin department but the actual order of the vehicle cannot be put through just yet.

Hello James,

As a dealer, can you give us any insight into why Skoda UK like to be "special" and restrict the options on what we can have in the UK (ie. no MDI, no satnav on Fabia, no Rosso Brunello Yeti) e.t.c.....

Hello James,

As a dealer, can you give us any insight into why Skoda UK like to be "special" and restrict the options on what we can have in the UK (ie. no MDI, no satnav on Fabia, no Rosso Brunello Yeti) e.t.c.....

That's not a fair question; you're asking for 'trade secrets' or put another way, if James told us it could likely be a 'sackable offence' or even put it another way, if he knew he can't tell but likely as not he doesn't know.

That's not a fair question; you're asking for 'trade secrets' or put another way, if James told us it could likely be a 'sackable offence' or even put it another way, if he knew he can't tell but likely as not he doesn't know.

Hardly. Why would it be a trade secret? It's not about some future model which hasn't been officially launched or anything! These are items that are available on the Yeti but not in the UK, and I would have thought dealers might get asked these questions from time to time and Skoda UK might tell them why. A paint colour is not a trade secret!

Allams are good at replying to emails. Even when James was on a day off his colleagues would reply on his behalf so that I didn't get ignored. I sent quite a few too.......

I must agree with you. I've found James very helpful so far........and Beth adds a certain something to the showroom as well! ;)

I'm in north east London. Went with Drivethedeal in the end and they mentioned a "south east London dealer" will supply the vehicle. Still waiting for their call... I decided manual in the end since waiting for DSG sounds too much of a stretch on an already LOOOONNNNGGGG wait!

:-j

Greetings gentlemen. Any news on the 1.4 tsi? I keep reading the 1.2 tsi is a little weak under 1500 rpm, does that apply to the 1.4 too?

edit: Doing some google search I found this: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=el&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skodacommunity.de%2Fskoda-forum%2Fskoda-yeti-forum%2F54696-yeti-mit-1-4-tsi-sowie-2-0-tdi-4x4-mit-dsg%2F

It was posted yesterday on a german forum and says that the 1.4 tsi will come to the yeti in 6 months and only 2wd with manual transmission... Can anyone confirm this? I can't understand why they wouldn't release it with DSG as well (this is what I want, a 1.4 tsi with dsg).

Edited by dragonlord

Greetings gentlemen. Any news on the 1.4 tsi? I keep reading the 1.2 tsi is a little weak under 1500 rpm, does that apply to the 1.4 too?

edit: Doing some google search I found this: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=el&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skodacommunity.de%2Fskoda-forum%2Fskoda-yeti-forum%2F54696-yeti-mit-1-4-tsi-sowie-2-0-tdi-4x4-mit-dsg%2F

It was posted yesterday on a german forum and says that the 1.4 tsi will come to the yeti in 6 months and only 2wd with manual transmission... Can anyone confirm this? I can't understand why they wouldn't release it with DSG as well (this is what I want, a 1.4 tsi with dsg).

I've driven the 1.4TSI 122bhp in an Octavia, its a cracking engine and is certainly not weak at low revs, almost diesel like in its power delivery characteristic. As far as I know it is not so much that Skoda UK don't want the 1.4TSI; its that Skoda do not have the manufacturing capacity to satisfy demand if it was to be put in the Yeti.

PS> I've borrowed a CR140 Yeti from my dealer for a couple of days (my Octavia being in for warranty repairs) and cricks; what a car! The cornering, handling and roadholding are outrageously good for the type of car that it is; the tautness and lack of roll being the most impressive. OK; its not ultimately as quick as my vRS TDI but there are occasions when in my vRS I'd be floundering for grip but in Yeti the 4x4 does the stuff and whoosh! Looking forward to my trip home from work; think I might take the 'back roads'.

I'd try and get a test drive in the 1.2TSI yourself as the reviews in general in the press and from people who have bought them are excellent. The peak torque arrives at 1500RPM in the 1.2 so from a standstill there will be a short delay until the torque kicks in but not much - plus it's the peak torque and it stays there all the way to 3500RPM.

The Yeti will be available as you state with 2 wheel drive, manual transmission and the 122BHP 1.4TSI, but Skoda UK have said it's not coming here (whether that's true or not is anyones guess!)

I'd try and get a test drive in the 1.2TSI yourself as the reviews in general in the press and from people who have bought them are excellent. The peak torque arrives at 1500RPM in the 1.2 so from a standstill there will be a short delay until the torque kicks in but not much - plus it's the peak torque and it stays there all the way to 3500RPM.

The Yeti will be available as you state with 2 wheel drive, manual transmission and the 122BHP 1.4TSI, but Skoda UK have said it's not coming here (whether that's true or not is anyones guess!)

I e-mailed Skoda UK recently about the possibilities of the Yeti CR170 coming to UK with DSG and got the following reply;

I can confirm that at present we do not have any information from the Factory regarding the introduction of a new model; however, as and when this happens, that information is cascaded down to our Skoda Network.

I would therefore like to suggest that you contact your nearest Skoda Retailer to make them aware of your interest in this model. They in turn will contact you as soon as they have been informed by the Factory. The details of which I have provided below: -

So I'm sure its a case of 1) They genuinely don't know or 2) They do know but they're not telling!

I plan to do that, but still I'd feel better with a little more power. I have a fiat 500 1.4 with 100 hp now and, although it's not 105 hp turbo, it's a much lighter car - and I would like a little more power, especially when overtaking. 0-60 is the same on my fiat and the 1.2 yeti, so I don't know if the yeti can be that much better at overtaking. I haven't ruled it out yet, but the 1.4 would make me feel it's a safer buy. I'd hate to give that kind of money only to find out that my new car isn't as powerful as I'd like. Test drives around here are almost always 5-10 minute drives and you can't really tell how it reacts on the open road.

I plan to do that, but still I'd feel better with a little more power. I have a fiat 500 1.4 with 100 hp now and, although it's not 105 hp turbo, it's a much lighter car - and I would like a little more power, especially when overtaking. 0-60 is the same on my fiat and the 1.2 yeti, so I don't know if the yeti can be that much better at overtaking. I haven't ruled it out yet, but the 1.4 would make me feel it's a safer buy. I'd hate to give that kind of money only to find out that my new car isn't as powerful as I'd like. Test drives around here are almost always 5-10 minute drives and you can't really tell how it reacts on the open road.

Have you thought of getting the CR110?

As with any product, if you're an early adopter they'll bring out an ungraded model sooner than you will have liked. I have drawers full of old phones, old ipods and a loft full of hi-fi and computers to testify (anyone interested?). I would have gone for the 1.4 DSG, but only at the right price. Skoda would not have made these developments unless the order books were looking good and I suspect that the price, which had already increased £200 on my 1.8 will be 'competitive' but not a bargain. I bet all this will take a while to come to the UK as they have not established this model here yet and the range is pretty good already bar auto transmission. I bet the 1.8 is the first to go? Or they'll make it more sporty with those seats etc. Also, even Skoda could make the mistake of introducing a model / engine which is inferior to the replaced stuff.

The 1.2 looks like a good deal right now, but if Skoda can they'll try to make more money on this car. Thinking ahead, if the car works well and if I replace it with another Yeti - I hope it do - than the only thing I'll be interested in is less road noise, plus DSG, 4 heated seats, blueray DVD, fully retractable hardtop....

I'm looking forward to it already!

That's excellent; well spotted. Hope these bits do come the UK; got to be the best colour.

Seems though to be a 'special edition' Yeti Champion as despite great paint, sport seats, annapura wheels and climatronic it only has the Swing radio/CD, could it be based on the Yeti E/S? Could it also be that the orange paint will be limited and not offered as a regular colour?

That's excellent; well spotted. Hope these bits do come the UK; got to be the best colour.

Seems though to be a 'special edition' Yeti Champion as despite great paint, sport seats, annapura wheels and climatronic it only has the Swing radio/CD, could it be based on the Yeti E/S? Could it also be that the orange paint will be limited and not offered as a regular colour?

That isnt a UK model so the details doesnt exaclty apply over here. We get fairly good audio as standard over here; other markets not so.

The orange suits the bold design of the Yeti imo. :thumbup:

That isnt a UK model so the details doesnt exaclty apply over here. We get fairly good audio as standard over here; other markets not so.

The orange suits the bold design of the Yeti imo. :thumbup:

Point taken on the radio (always upgradable of course).

Just looked at the .pdf brochure and seems to be available with all engines including CR140 TDI with DSG. Let's just hope some of this gets through to the UK market.

It's not clear whether this orange will be for the special edition only or not yet, although in their Geneva motorshow press release this colour was mentioned as a "new colour for the Yeti" and not just for a special edition.

Hope Skoda UK will do some sport spec over here - 17in dolomite wheels, sports seats, orange paint.. then I'll add a few options and have my ideal Yeti :)