Unbearable smugness

Next time you are out on the road have a look at the Skoda(s) going in the other direction. Inside you will notice the driver has the most impossible smug look you could ever imagine. He/She surveys passing vehicles either with complete disdain or the withering "nice motor mate but you could have had one of these for a third of the price" look.

Now have a quick look at your own expression in the mirror, yes you have guessed it, the ear-to-ear smugness has crept in hasn't it?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are doing it right! The big Skoda Octavia II picture tread! check this out drived ChrisRs car at weekend. Like yours same box but diesel saloon . and i know they spelt thread wrong :thumbup:

Well its makes a change from the filter, turbo etc etc problems on here..are Skodas any good? from the majority of posts on here I would not have thought so emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Lol, well I am sure you would get the same percentage cross sescion of problems on any owners forum. Hell, my collegues gucci new BMW went back into the garage no less than 3x in the same period I have had my vRS and my mates 207 GTi has spent more time with the dealer than hes had it.

Oh and in reply to the original post, permanent grin attached, though the fella in the blue VRS trying to give me a skoda suppositry last night wasn't smiling all that much.

Edited by Harlequin

You are doing it right! The big Skoda Octavia II picture tread! check this out drived ChrisRs car at weekend. Like yours same box but diesel saloon . and i know they spelt thread wrong :thumbup:

What?

I'm kinda confused - I've tried waving, flashing (lights you dirty buggers!) and the odd nod when I come across another Skud but if I try it to other Octy users who are not driving VRS's I get ignored and other VRS drivers are somewhat less than enthusiastic!

I used to drive a little yellow Cinquecento Sporting and EVERYBODY used to toot and wave!!

How odd!

I'm kinda confused - I've tried waving, flashing (lights you dirty buggers!) and the odd nod when I come across another Skud but if I try it to other Octy users who are not driving VRS's I get ignored and other VRS drivers are somewhat less than enthusiastic!

I used to drive a little yellow Cinquecento Sporting and EVERYBODY used to toot and wave!!

How odd!

I know the feeling mate, I've given up, I seem to see more and more VRS's generally about and you get this look of "what you flashing at me for, I've done nothing wrong" :)

I'd be delighted if someone noticed and flashed me (keep those thoughts clean!). As it is I just drive around in my own little smugness knowing my car cost many thousands less than the Audi in front :thumbup:

I wonder what percentage of vRS drivers actually use this site on a regular basis? I would bet it's a single figure percentage.

If that's true its very unlikely you'll meet another member on here. I do silly miles every year and I have seen another Brisky car on two occasions since I've been on this site and that equates to once every 125,000 miles :no:

I wonder what percentage of vRS drivers actually use this site on a regular basis? I would bet it's a single figure percentage.

If that's true its very unlikely you'll meet another member on here. I do silly miles every year and I have seen another Brisky car on two occasions since I've been on this site and that equates to once every 125,000 miles emoticon-0145-shake.gif

Saw one in my first week, even put a spotted online, guess it was either a lapsed or antisocial member :)

*Bored at work*

So whats the excuse of Mini owners then? :)

what their wrists are used to doing? :giggle:

To be fair going on the whole waving at other skoda's in nearly 6 years of skoda vRS ownership I've only had a thumb up or wave 4-5 times.

And yes I do feel slightly smug that my car cost less than the golf version.

yeah i thought i was the only one who did this, only problem is ive noticed all Furby owners tend to be old foogies, so they dont really go for this sorta thing, hoprfully ill get more response when i get the Octy

That person is me.

My name is Smug McSmug of Smugville Avenue, Smugtown.

For I've recently bought a Octavia 1.4 TSI SE on the no-VAT deal (works out just over £12k list) that has EXACTLY the same 122HP engine that goes into the base VW Scirocco costing (gulp) £19k OTR! Is the Rocco a beautiful car? Opinions are divided, but I think it looks wonderful... but would I pay an extra £7k for the looks? NO!!!! The equivalent Golf costs £18k, that's even crazier!!! (and let's not be coy, you will get very little discount off either of those VWs to upset my calculation, I've been there).

But the best of the lot has to be the Skoda 1.8 TSI. You should be able to pick it up for around £14k or just less for the reasonably equipped SE. The equivalent Audi A4 saloon will cost you just shy of £24k (and again you'll struggle to get much discount due to the 'arrogance' factor).

Is the Audi a nicer car? Probably, but it's no Scirocco so you have to question even more if it is £10k nicer???

If that's true its very unlikely you'll meet another member on here. I do silly miles every year and I have seen another Brisky car on two occasions since I've been on this site and that equates to once every 125,000 miles :no:

maybe we should all wear our forum names on our bonnet just at the eyebrow of the drivers side headlight or somewhere equally subtle, but those in the know will recognise and share the smugness :D

dunno if there's many forum users near me tho :-(

There obviously aren't that many people in my neck of the woods but then again I spend most of my time on the South East motorway network so I would expect to see more Briskodians or at the least people 'in the know' as it were :smirk:

I do see quite a few vRS Fabias and Octavias but the driver is either oblivious or about 143 years old.

maybe we should all wear our forum names on our bonnet just at the eyebrow of the drivers side headlight or somewhere equally subtle, but those in the know will recognise and share the smugness :D

dunno if there's many forum users near me tho :-(

Pity we can't customise the FL headlights so that your forum name could replace the 'Octavia' text :)

Sarge

Pity we can't customise the FL headlights so that your forum name could replace the 'Octavia' text :)

Sarge

I bet someone can! lol. My friends hate my smugness; in fact some even joined the facebook group for "I hate Skoda" which quotes - "Not really Skodas but the people who buy them. They are pretentious pr*cks who either think they have VW prestige on the cheap or think they are more smart than the rest of us for getting a VW engineered car for Vauxhall money. It is just cheap." :rofl:

I always like looking under the bonnet, seeing the VW/Audi stamps everywhere and thinking "I could have paid thousands more for just the same thing - god I love my Skoda!"

And yes reading this forum sometimes you may get the impression that the cars are unreliable but we are a small percentage of Skoda owners and people often come to the site only to look for possible answers to problems; and surely that is part of the reason behind such forums?

Edited by willskoda

I bet someone can! lol. My friends hate my smugness; in fact some even joined the facebook group for "I hate Skoda" which quotes - "Not really Skodas but the people who buy them. They are pretentious pr*cks who either think they have VW prestige on the cheap or think they are more smart than the rest of us for getting a VW engineered car for Vauxhall money. It is just cheap." :rofl:

I always like looking under the bonnet, seeing the VW/Audi stamps everywhere and thinking "I could have paid thousands more for just the same thing - god I love my Skoda!"

And yes reading this forum sometimes you may get the impression that the cars are unreliable but we are a small percentage of Skoda owners and people often come to the site only to look for possible answers to problems; and surely that is part of the reason behind such forums?

I raise my pint to you Sir... :thumbup:

I'm feeling smug already and I've only just ordered our vRS (about five minutes ago) :giggle:

Someone on another forum made a ridiculous comment about me ordering one "...At least everyone will know you didn't actually spend your own dosh buying a Skoda." and I thought how silly that man/boy must be. He's obviously never been in one, let alone driven one. Skoda is where the smart people put their money, I know this because I know quality and very good value when I see it, plus I subscribe to three car magazines and they ALL say the exact same thing.

The vRS was chosen over Audis, VW's, and BMWs because we got more bang for bucks and was the only car out of all of them that put a blooming great smile on both of our faces when we drove it :thumbup:

I am itching to order a new vRS, however I am on my 2nd Octavia at the moment, looking forward to vRS-ness :D

(Just waiting for the dealer to let me know if he has secured the car I picked last night..)

Edited by gorebrush