Centre console Multidot display.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience of the following issue. (first post so please be gentle)

56 plate 2.0 TDI Elegance Superb. (owned for a 2 weeks)

The centre console Multidot display. does not seem to be working correctly. 90% of the time it is blank, but on 2 occasions it operated normally. I thought that the display was switch off but after reading the manual, I cant seem to switch it on. the times I did see the display it was during warning conditions. (low fuel, high coolant temp)

so do I have a fault? or is there a way I can switch the display on normally or is there anything else I can check?

Thanks

Have you tried keeping the button on the end of the indicator stalk (not the reset button on the bottom) pressed in until a menu appears. There is then an option of turning the display on and off.

the multidot can be, err... temperamental. Over the past four years mine has consistently, but only occasionally, failed to show the CD/radio details in the top third, though the lower two thirds of it have always worked - so far. I've not heard of one being completely blank though... hopefully someone can help...

the multidot can be, err... temperamental. Over the past four years mine has consistently, but only occasionally, failed to show the CD/radio details in the top third, though the lower two thirds of it have always worked - so far. I've not heard of one being completely blank though... hopefully someone can help...

Before buying my current Superb -04, i tried out another one, which showed radio and CD details on the multidot thingie. My current dosn't, which bothered me a lot. I tried playing with the menu, I tried OBD + VagCom programming - didn't help. Then I took out the Symphony unit. There is a cluster, to which you can plug a corresponding wire/connector, which is (surprisingly) missing completely - that's the reason I can't get the repeater to work. It's not connected to the Symphony at all and I didn't bother to take the dash apart to find if the harness is somewhere underneath in there - I don't need it that bad after all.

So, maybe yours is also missing a couple of wires, if the 1st owner didn't want to pay for some extra options on the list

Iam also in the same boat well nearly.

My two thirds work fine but like others, but the top part (cd etc.) is dodgy.

some times it is in read and some times orange and after a wile when the car gets warm it slowly starts to fade away till nothing is left.

if I let the car cool down it comes back ok again.

Iam sure there will be a time not to far away when that top third will not work any more I want to get in there at some point and check it.

any ideas how to get the maxi dot out ?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your reply

Yes, I have tried holding the rocker button on the end of the wiper / washer stalk. no menu comes up, blank display.

hello to you

try up/down with the light dimmer ,you suppose to see the diffrence

open door ,turn lights insert the key to on/one position and you should see the text of apply foot on brake

if not, maybe the data cable of the maxi dot broken you should solve it only in the garage or buy it in the net new one (i'll give you the name of the company later on-made in china)

made for audi basicly but its the same

yos1111

The top third of my display failed to show once. I switched off everthing and gently pressed the sat nav/ radio into the dash all round the edge and it's been OK since.