New computer needed

skippy41

http://computers.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=new+dell&_sacat=179&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&Manufacturer=Dell&_dmpt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&_odkw=&_osacat=179

Could one of you please help me in deciding on a fast computer from this lot, I dont need it for games

Edited by skippy41

Much cheaper to build it yourself, better components, etc...

Parts I would look at are barebones, motherboard bundles from the following :-

Novatech

E-Buyer

And dont underestimate the speed of a SSD, I build a comp for my missus for £400, she plays games on it, boots up in jsut over 18 seconds, Windows 7 and an SSD is an awesome combo to start from...

What do you need the computer to do?

Mainly web browsing email and bookwork music downloads and pictures

I am using a dell dimension 3100 at the moment and its slow at doing everything even after a re install it wont let me send attachments via email, it takes around 2 mins to start and up to 30 seconds to put another page up when on the net

I am using windows XP and have tried windows 7 but it makes it even slower so deleted it, I have cleared cookies and temp files I have also deleted everything I don't use on add remove programs

I am not computer minded so would not know where to start so the best way is to buy one already built with windows of some description

My budget is £350 max it would also if the budget allows have a built in SD card reader

Edited by skippy41

I've not been impressed with HDD from them ,but some of their systems are/look good -www.aria.co.uk