North East Dealers

Anybody ever used dealers in the Newcastle/Notheast area who are prepared to approach the Drivethedeal price.

Been looking at a Diesel Octavia Scout which ticks all of my boxes but would just like to know if there is someone in the area to use to see if I can get a bit more off without having to use dealers too far away.

Any comments on experiences would be welcome.

Hi,

I have ordered my Octavia from Benfield Skoda in Newcastle. They have been great, Salesman called Chris Palmer really helpfull and has done loads to stop me going elsewhere. Got them to match / better a deal from a local dealer here in Manchester.

Worth a look.

Thanks for that. That's where I had a test drive of the Scout and they have been very positive so far. Just wondered how they would respond to a request to match DTD.

I also had a Scout test drive at Benfield, and raised the question of DTD prices, but both Chris and Liam, the sales manager were very dismissive of DTD. They also stated that the VAT free deal did not apply to factory options. Went to Silbury Skoda at Cramlington and got a better and friendlier deal.

I also had a Scout test drive at Benfield, and raised the question of DTD prices, but both Chris and Liam, the sales manager were very dismissive of DTD. They also stated that the VAT free deal did not apply to factory options. Went to Silbury Skoda at Cramlington and got a better and friendlier deal.

That's naughty, I was able to get VAT free on options (though I only had the Race Blue paint and Spare Wheel)

I ordered my 1.6 TDI CR Elegance Octy at Silbury in Cramington today, the salesman there was really helpful and efficient, I just showed him the DTD price and got it matched. the low rate finance was really a suprising gift, saved me a lot of money compared to online finance deal. Didn't expect that. Recommended.

Can echo other recommendations for Silbury - Justin managed to get within £100 of my carquake quote for a VRS CR DSG Estate, not sure how it compared to DtD at the time, but was good enough for me (even better when i later realised the carquake quote was through a leasing company that would have meant I was 2nd on the V5!)...

Hello, everyone, from a "first post"-er..

Picked up new FL vRS from Silbury recently. :)

Overall scores for Silbury from my experience:

Price: 8/10 - might have been able to better elsewhere, but not by much

Post order: 9.5/10 - A harsh rating - see below for details on comprehensive but not excessive communication.

On collection: 7/10 - Slightly disappointing car prep.

Vehicle: 8.5/10 - a bit thirsty so far (33.5 mpg for petrol vRS?? Mk1 managed more like 37mpg over more than 110k miles/7.5yrs from new...) but otherwise FANTASTIC: Head spinning factor (of other road users) so far must be 8/10; and I am really enjoying the Bolero, the handling, the space, the increasing looseness, and the apparently seamless power delivery (no turbo surge that I've noticed (at least compared with the Mk1)...

Details (if you're "bovvered")

I visited after a phone around for budget pricing (including DTD) and effectively got a deal which equalled the DTD price to my mind. I paid more than DTD (basic), but specc'd a few options, and was lucky enough to be able to cover the additional costs. VAT offer DID apply to the options, by the way.

I think I might have been able to get a better deal elsewhere but not by much and I was not keen to waste time spinning around NE England chasing £not.many.

1st part of "professionalism" by Silbury was to keep me on site for ages while "negotiating" price. I live and learn. The delay stopped me going anywhere else for "live" negotiation, which I fully intended to do, but hey-ho, I ended up with price/spec I was happy with....

Next part of "professionalism" by Silbury was EXCEPTIONAL. I received SMS messages about every milestone - order acceptance by factory (2 weeks after order), build week notification (4 weeks after order - build week was something like 8 weeks after order), next one was "Your car is in Germany", then "it's here and available for you to collect when promised".

Throughout the wait, the salesman ALWAYS returned my calls and answered all of my questions and was flexible with changes of arrangements for dropping off documents/ collecting the car and so on.

Final part of "professionalism" by Silbury:

A warm welcome to the showroom to collect the car, a clear explanation of everything to do with the car (correctly taking into account the fact that I am a VRs anorak <thanks to Briskoda>).

Free & unsupervised access to my new car - impression was "nothing to hide - help yourself" for transfer of gubbins from my Mk1 VRs to the new one. Whereupon I noticed (detailers, please look away now) swirls on the rear bumper where it had been prepped by the valet.

Thankfully for my peace of mind I am not too concerned (I'm sure the poor old thing will suffer worse in the times I wash it; and in the general mess on our roads (but don't get me started on that...))

So the swirls have taken the shine (sorry, couldn't help it :giggle: ) off an otherwise smooth, easy experience.

For what it is worth:

Benfield did not return my phone call about budget price (which mirrored my experiences of dealing with them for servicing of my Mk1 (Quote from salesman when collecting Mk1 from cambelt change "Are you still driving that old thing?") so no deal with Benfield. Parts: Very Good, Service & Sales: hopeless. I personally wouldn't go near them to buy a new car.

MSB (Darlington) most certainly returned my call and were absolutely ready to negotiate (and win) a deal. For me, it is at least worth calling MSB if you're in the NE and want to really negotiate hard.

HTH

BIG UP to Silbury.

When I wanted a price for a vRS diesel estate in race blue with DSG Justin was very helpful.

He under cut Benfield's price by £500 & chipped in metallic paint also, so a saving of £910- not to be sniffed at.

As my MK4 Mondeo was sold he also loaned me an 08 Fabia on the garage insurance for free until my car arrives

in early May-I am very impressed with the service so far, long may it continue.

• 3 months later...

I too have bought my car from Silbury. I live in the North East and visited the 4 local dealers and contacted a fifth by email to seek their "best price".

My car is a new Fabia Elegance 1.6TDi, with the options I have spec'd the retail cost was £15100, the VAT off offer reduced this quite a bit.

Three of the dealers offered derisory amounts off that figure, Telford £100, Derek Slack £150, Benfield £300 (salesman said he was LOSING £100 at that price!)

MSB were much closer to the Drive the Deal price whilst Silbury beat the DTD price! :thumbup: So no need to guess which dealer I would recommend :)

MSB Darlington had a Race Blue CR Tdi vRS in the showroom for immediate delivery with spare wheel and reversing sensors, do not know price but salesman is very enthusiastic to do a deal, i had already ordered my Black Magic one (build week 31) from Derek Slack in Middlesbrough.

Both dealers seem very keen to do deals.

+1 for Silbury.

Silbury beat the price quoted for my Octavia 4x4 from Provecta via Provecta's Employee Car Ownership scheme, and that was already cheap. As mentioned, text message updates at regular intervals during the waitng time from order to delivery. I would use them again.

Hi,

Another thumbs up for Justin and Silbury.

Did a deal on Sat for a 2007 OCTY VRS diesel, Justin sorted me a good p/x for my BMW, and then the Finance came up trumps as well, matching my bank without any hassle.

Looking forward to retruning to the VRS fold having sold my Fab VRS 4 years ago.

Cheers

Whizzo

MSB SKODA IN DARLINGTON,massive discount even the dp came down for a spin of the coin for a full tank of fuel,nice run company that do not try to have you over,and after the deal was done i rang everybody in the north east and NO ONE could match the price.

i got a 10 plate octavia vrs cr tdi,

full leather

heated seats

maxi dot

auto lights and wipers

full size spare wheel

rubber boot mats and boot tray

in candy white

and a full tank of fuel"lol yes i won the toss" all for

£17500-anybody beat that for a deal

Edited by hoggy a

MSB Darlington had a Race Blue CR Tdi vRS in the showroom for immediate delivery with spare wheel and reversing sensors, do not know price but salesman is very enthusiastic to do a deal, i had already ordered my Black Magic one (build week 31) from Derek Slack in Middlesbrough.

Both dealers seem very keen to do deals.

derek slacks said to me you didnt pay that for your car as we CANNOT get anywere near that price.

I've been following these discussions with great interest but passively from the sidelines as a newbie considering the purchase of a vrs in the North East.

To display my ignorance: 1. What is the "dtd" price and what is its significance? 2. Does it apply only to new cars? Any particular source of low mileage Octavia vrs's in the North East worth mentioning or do you just take pot luck with the dealers?

Tks.