BTCC

vrstony

Huff, muller and menu and the rest of chevrolet got dumped becausei it wasn't commercially viable anymore for them to race. They were basically racing them selves,so they did have a reason for it.

Andy neate has set up his own team, but won't be racing this weekend, still setting up the team i believe. However he still owes thousands to mg.

• Like 1

Good first race, lightning start by Austin but in the end couldn't hold Plato and Jordan. Jordan tried to do a Plato move on Plato and put them both in the gravel but both recovered and came 1st and 2nd. Wrathall drove superbly to go from to back to get 6th. Keep an eye on Tordoff too. So far he's driving better than Neate ever did in that MG and should learn a lot from Plato

Local boy Wrathall is £1k worse off but at least the RAR Audi has been proven to be strong. Hope he can make it out for Donnington.

• Like 1

I missed Rob's crash and all of race 3. Had to go see family. You can tell that car has potential and the Audi's are fast. If the can sort out Will Bratt's reliability then I think both with will be fighting for podiums. Let's hope the regs don't hinder the RWD's later on in the season.

New driver of the day for me was Tordoff. He's miles better than Neate ever was.

• Like 1

I am supporting Rob Austin this year as I did last year. That was some crash, but a true testament to the safety cages and items on these cars. Main thing is Rob and Dave are ok, and hopefully Rob will be back for the next round!

The Rob Austin crash was huge. I was quite close to it, as you can see from the picture.

I really enjoyed the weekend, even if it was cold, and a few snow flurries. Great racing from everyone. A bit disappointing on the BMWs, which look nice this year.

IMG-20130331-WA0003.jpg

What's with all the empty seats ? I'd give a bit of my anatomy to be there if it wasn't so far away. Ok, exagerating a bit, but I'd have been there like a shot if I could have been. :rofl:

It was a bargain. £31 for the weekend, which included 15 races, and various qualifying and practice sessions. £26 just for the Sunday. Also with Brands Hatch Indy, they are around 50 second laps, so you don't have to wait long for the field to come back round. Where I was, you could see the entrance and exit of Paddock hill bend, entrance to Druids, and the entrance to Graham Hill bend.

I arrived on raceday at the same time as Jason Plato's helicopter, and he seemed pretty cheerful for 8am!

Commentary all around the circuit too, so you get a good understanding of what is happening elsewhere.

The grand stand seats cost between £10 - £15 on raceday, hence them being empty.

Link to the schedule:

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/media/1682945/btcc_bh_3031032013.pdf

Anyway, down to the racing itself. Andrew Jordon looked very quick during the practice and qualifying sessions, and certain into races too. The MGs seemed to be doing the job, with Tordoff I believe being on the harder tyres in the final race (I may have misheard it)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Saturday was very dry and Sunday was very wet. So wet in fact, I was thinking during race 3, please let this end so I can get back in the car... :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...