FABIA VRS EGR CLEAN INSTRUCTIONS

• 1 year later...

There are quite a few topics on this, try the search. I did this a few weeks ago, doesnt take long but to give it all a proper clean the manifold needs to come off, or be careful that bits dont fall inside it.

Hi

I did try the search thats how I found this old thread. I was just wondering if anyone has done a complete guide with pics etc, like the one that shows you how to cure the leaking back window problem. There are a few threads on the subject but nothing that covers everything and the one with most info isnt for a vRS.

Maybe I will give it a go and do a guide for others.

One thing you might be able to answer is, do I need new gaskets or anything or is it just a case of remove clean and put back together with old gaskets.

Thanks again

Method varies depending on if it's an ASZ or BLT engine. ASZ has combined ASV and EGR, BLT has separate EGR and what looks like a throttle body. If unplugged it will throw a fault code and need reset after cleaning. Always use new gaskets and o rings when possible. As for cleaning, several large cans of carb cleaner and plastic spatula to scrape off the thick stuff, then tooth brush to clean off the rest. Also worth doing the inlet manifold. Dunk it in carb cleaner over-night (make sure no pets or people will be exposed to the fumes) and then clean inside with rotary brush on a flexi drill extension like you find in a Dremel kit.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Method varies depending on if it's an ASZ or BLT engine. ASZ has combined ASV and EGR, BLT has separate EGR and what looks like a throttle body. If unplugged it will throw a fault code and need reset after cleaning. Always use new gaskets and o rings when possible. As for cleaning, several large cans of carb cleaner and plastic spatula to scrape off the thick stuff, then tooth brush to clean off the rest. Also worth doing the inlet manifold. Dunk it in carb cleaner over-night (make sure no pets or people will be exposed to the fumes) and then clean inside with rotary brush on a flexi drill extension like you find in a Dremel kit.

I am considering doing this in the next week or two - did anyone ever do a guide as I (like many) would feel more comfortable doing this with pics...

Congratulations, you have nominated yourself to make a massively detailled guide for numptys like me :)

When youve done yours kev, pop threw to Edinburgh and do mine, will provide beers...