Mph speedometer

I am going to buy a new superb estate in a few wks time, however living in ireland it means Killometre speedometer only :( I have emailed skoda but as yet no answer fom them so far as to let me know if i can have a Mph speedometer, and the dealer said Km/h only, but he said that before when i was buying a new octavia estate, but i actually ordered it with mile speedometer. As to why I want a mile speedo, simple dont understand the metric speedo's sayin im doing 110Km/h means nothing to me, where as 70mph does, and also travel to Northern Irl quite a bit. Any help I would appreciate

Even though your speedo may be in KM per hour you will get the MPH on your digital display between the speedo and rev counter. I imagine this is the case since UK spec has MPH speedo and KM per hour on the digital display and yours will be the opposite.

Even though your speedo may be in KM per hour you will get the MPH on your digital display between the speedo and rev counter. I imagine this is the case since UK spec has MPH speedo and KM per hour on the digital display and yours will be the opposite.

wish it was, unforunately kmh to as there was a skoda superb in the showroom and i checked it out

wish it was, unforunately kmh to as there was a skoda superb in the showroom and i checked it out

Playing with MaxiDot can change the read-out's from kph and lts/per 100km to mph and mpg on the Octy, so have you tried to do this for the central display on the Superb?

Edited by bryan

Hi G.K.

Could I confirm that the digital kmh readout is permanently displayed, regardless of the settings performed with the multifunctional-control stalk? Intending to export a UK specced Superb to another country whereby the relevant tranportation authority require the speedometer to display kmh readouts permanently.

Thanks.

Hi,

Cannot confirm that it is permanantly displayed because there are different set ups which you can call up on the MFD. I have not had a chance to change the default setting which does indeed have digital KPH on all the time.

I can confirm that a UK display does indeed show kmh permanently on the central display regardless of the setting.

Thanks for confirming that. It saves me looking at the instruction book tonight!!

I am going to buy a new superb estate in a few wks time, however living in ireland it means Killometre speedometer only :( I have emailed skoda but as yet no answer fom them so far as to let me know if i can have a Mph speedometer, and the dealer said Km/h only, but he said that before when i was buying a new octavia estate, but i actually ordered it with mile speedometer. As to why I want a mile speedo, simple dont understand the metric speedo's sayin im doing 110Km/h means nothing to me, where as 70mph does, and also travel to Northern Irl quite a bit. Any help I would appreciate

Hi Bandit1988, first time on here, hope this works. Slightly different thinking, but insted of going to all that effort of getting a non Irish spec speedo why not buy a road angel or such like. I drive around 40,000 miles a year and never use my speedo. \My roadangel sits on the dashboard in line of sight and I use that all of the time. The other advantage of this is that it is also 100% accurate, unlike most car speedos and I can set my cruise control to the exact speed when driving in areas with average speed cameras.

As far as I am aware, all new cars sold in Ireland, since the introduction of kmph speed limits, must display, km's as the larger of the two markings, on the speedo, and as Skoda, produce speedos in km's or mph only, it will be impossible for a car to be ordered, with a mph speedo.

If you have maxi dot, on your new car order, you can view your speed in mph, through that.

well I rang skoda today asking and there answer is yes i can have a mph clock, just have to tell the dealer when im ordering the car, that i want miles, so happy days

• 3 weeks later...

well I rang skoda today asking and there answer is yes i can have a mph clock, just have to tell the dealer when im ordering the car, that i want miles, so happy days

Do you need to pay extra to get the mph speedo?

Hi - best check if an MPH speedo in Ireland will affect your resale value when you come to sell - I sure as hell would not want a second hand UK car with a km/h speedo ! :

I would go for the earlier suggestion about fitting a RoadAngel - digital ,useful and you can take it with you leaving a std spec Superb to sell on !

• 1 month later...

Hi, if you are looking at getting the elegance (might be the same in others but not sure) you can set up the MFD to show permenent MPH reading, while still able to scrool tru the rest of the functions on the MFD, so no need to order MPH speedo if you not done it yet

Bryan

• 1 year later...

Hi, if you are looking at getting the elegance (might be the same in others but not sure) you can set up the MFD to show permenent MPH reading, while still able to scrool tru the rest of the functions on the MFD, so no need to order MPH speedo if you not done it yet

Bryan

how doyou do it

All the speed limit signs in the Republic are km/h so a miles/h reading is not really needed.

For when you travel north, just divide your speed by 8 and multiply by 5 :)

Rough conversions

30 miles/h = 50 km/h

60 miles/h = 100 km/h

70 miles/h = 115 km/h

Edited by skodacake

how do you do it i have tried but no go9

On the maxidot select setup

units

consu/distance

this will give an option of litres/100km or GB MPG

if it is set to l/100km change to GB MPG.

This will give all related maxidot readings, ie speed, distance and consumption in Miles or MPG as appropriate.

Fernrock

• 5 months later...

units

consu/distance

This will give all related maxidot readings, ie speed, distance and consumption in Miles or MPG as appropriate.

Fernrock

units

consu/distance

Fernrock

That won't change the digital speed reading in Maxidot to MPH though - only changes the MPG calculations and output to MPG.

The MPH readout has been debated at great length on here - you need VCDS to change it, something like changing the country to Australia IIRC.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

Is there an easy way to fit the correct mph dials?

I have found these promising ones here http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/octavia-2009-kmh-to-mph-dials-part-no-c426-more-details-i4468.html

I'd be only looking to do this either in a service with a reasonable quote near Glasgow, or by myself. Shouldn't be rocket science or brain surgery... :)

Any suggestions are appreciated...

Thanks

Paul