Take it off take it all off!

Has anyone tried taking off the sidestrips that run down the middle of the doors, does it look naff?

as usual with cars im on operation SMOOTH so just wondered if anyone has an experience to share before i get busy!

im assuming itl either be STUCK on or attached with a mixture of glue and retaining pins much like a 106 that fit into small drilled holes in the side of the door?

Pictures would be lavely :)

Been done many times. Only glued on so need a heat gun/hairdryer to do the job and maybe an hour or so then clean and polish.

Do a search on here though regarding bubbling paint issues, as people who have done this have found problems with the paint underneath the bumpstrips as they have removed them.

Search function is very useful :thumbup:

Been done many times. Only glued on so need a heat gun/hairdryer to do the job and maybe an hour or so then clean and polish.

Do a search on here though regarding bubbling paint issues, as people who have done this have found problems with the paint underneath the bumpstrips as they have removed them.

Search function is very useful :thumbup:

i must be retarded then as i searched

'removing rub strip'

sidestrip

taking off side strip

and no luck..

I took mine off last year, it was a hot day so didn't bother with the hairdryer malarky just pulled them off really carefully.

It only left a couple of bubbles on the near-side rear door which haven't left too bad a mark barely visible to tell the truth!

Really pleased I did it though, cleaner lines and all that! Makes a subtle difference IMO.

One thing I would say is that the silver Fabs seem more prone to the bubbling effect (possibly softer metallic paint compared to the solid colours? Not sure)

I would post pics if I knew how to, I'm busy detailing it at the minute so when I've finished I'll take some pics and have a go posting them!

didnt really have to be a **** about it but thanks anyway

My pleasure :thumbup: and I didn't mean to upset you sweet heart. You did say you must be a retarded as you couldn't find it using search. I was just obliging. Plenty a banter on this forum pal so don't take yourself too seriously eh? :thumbup:

Back on topic - what did you think after reading the link? You gonna go down the smooth route or not?

Get the multipack of bungs from Halfrauds, Not a bad price for the pack and one of them fits a treat.

erm ok. i was hoping to find the right measure one coz knowing my luck il end up with a ghetto bag of wrong ones haha

thank you anyways :)

Not another one taking their rear wiper off. I have mudguards fitted all round and yet I can't see didly squat out of my rear window with the road spray making it dirty so I need to use the rear wiper frequently when driving in the rain. I just hope none of these types have an accident brought about by poor rear visibility. I don't understand the problem with the door rubber strips neither, they help to prevent the paint work getting damaged and the underlying body work going rusty due to supermarket dings and such like.

Not another one taking their rear wiper off. I have mudguards fitted all round and yet I can't see didly squat out of my rear window with the road spray making it dirty so I need to use the rear wiper frequently when driving in the rain. I just hope none of these types have an accident brought about by poor rear visibility.

I`v had no rear wiper all year, been fine. But then if its possible to drive a bus/hgv with no view out the back window im sure a supermini will be ok :rofl: Dont forget you have mirrors on each door too. :thumbup:

Back OT, i`m fellin this mod, just a tad worried about the bubbling. Although i reckon i might try it, then if it is bad, try and get it resprayed like the post above.

Matt