DIY - SWING RADIO TAKE OUT PICTURES What we can do more ?

Hi,

Just wanted to check swing radio connection what we can do.

Couple pictures of DIY job how to do that:

2i7259w.jpg

1q4i8m.jpg

hwxse9.jpg

108h2xx.jpg

And I found we can connect CD Changer + Bluetooth System I think only original will work but anyway.

So basically what we can do if we have Bluetooth connection port does it same as USB port or???

Where is MDI connection as shown in swing manual???

How to understand that as it is says DNI connection port it is

So basically Skoda lying to us How bad …..

Any MODIFICATION know on Bluetooth port

Regard

Inco

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I think that when you buy MDI set you get new CANBUS cable set which apparently have MDI-in connection. They didn't want clear connection socket on the unit because you would be able to connect your ext. HDD with just one cable. This way, you have to buy the set from Skoda, and that is around 200 €.

http://home.arcor.de/klausn/Nachruestung%20Skoda%20MDI.pdf

I hope I helped a little.

p.s. so even Swing have dual fakra fm connection (from your picture)? Good, one problem less when upgrading to Columbus.

• 1 month later...

From pdf i don't understand how connect usb cable with swing connector(pin number).explain that please.

What is exactly that you are trying to do and what parts do you have?

If you are trying to connect usb cable from your ipod/hdd to the Swing radio, you can't do that. Not directly anyway.

Edited by Horror

Did that set the airbag light in the clocks off when you disconnected the radio, and if so did it stay on after reconnection and need VCDS to knock the fault light out?

You will only put the airbag light on if you turn the ignition on with the radio removed, yes you would then need VCDS (or a dealer) to turn the light back off again.