I'm going green...

62 members have voted

1. 1. What do think then?

• Good choice of colour!
    • What an earth have you done?!
    • Why bother?

Well; I've decided to go for it, borrowed some green Hammerite from Alan (bluvrs2) and taken the plunge. I'm 50% through re painting my brake calipers Skoda green instead of the VAG red. So - what you think? Not the best photos as they were taken with my phone

23657_1454103913073_1247560472_31340149_5194410_n.jpg

23657_1454105793120_1247560472_31340172_1674239_n.jpg

23657_1454107553164_1247560472_31340177_1467069_n.jpg

23657_1454109433211_1247560472_31340182_5339198_n.jpg

Edited by willskoda

red for me i am afraid as it suits my race blue better :)

I agree to some degree that the red does suit the blue but it was a blue one with green ones that inspired me to get the paint brush out.

My Mk 1 VRS had green calipers. Always prefered them to the red ones. Also I think they really suit the white colour of the car (like the old Mk 1 Rally edition.

So did the MkII until 2007. My 55plate looks great with green calipers against black paintwork. Much more individualistic. :)

You left one poll option:

Why bother?

:)

Because it is the true VRS colour not a me as well colour Will check out my post

Real Reason Green Calipers Dropped on VRS

SNV36452.jpg

Because it is the true VRS colour not a me as well colour Will check out my post

Oh stuff me, quick phone the garage, I must take my VRS back because it has red calipers, damn, I'll have to have a respray to race blue too as I am sure that is the "true" VRS colour.

Now now boys, lets remember that personal choice wins every time. I prefer the green as in my opinion it's more Skoda, there aint nothing wrong with the red ones, I just prefer green.

I did consider a "Why bother?" option but I err... couldn't be bothered :D

Looks great Will. :thumbup:

Did you take them off to paint ?

However, I totally agree that Skoda should never have ditched the green calipers.

Its a little like Ferrari saying that Rosso Red cars are being ditched for Royal Blue ones!!!

Looks great Will. :thumbup:

Did you take them off to paint ?

Thanks Chris; I just took the wheels off, masked off what I could and just went for it. I'm no mechanic so wouldn't know where to start in taking them off. And lords knows if I could put them back on. They're not 100% perfect but they're not at all bad

I agree to some degree that the red does suit the blue but it was a blue one with green ones that inspired me to get the paint brush out.

thats where we differ , i do like the green on a white car but not on the blue , but hey if we all liked he same would it not be boring, :rofl::thumbup:

looks good mate :thumbup:

There's nothing like a bit of individuality eh? Thanks matey :thumbup: Just need to get the other two done!!

Edit: I even thought about making them white!!

Edited by willskoda