Buying advice - do I stay clear?

DBP

Hi all,

I am currently searching for my perfect skoda and came across this

"2001 Skoda Octavia VRS (270bhp). All usual refinements, e/w, r/c/l, pas, airbags abs, adjustable steering wheel, half leather saets, etc. Tax till april MOT till Nov 2010. Good condition. Metallic black paintwork, Grille surround painted Kawasaki green (got fed up with people thinking it was a unmarked police car), Original 17" wheels powder coated Skoda WRC white, lowered 50mm on adjustable coilover suspension, Rotor discs drilled and groved brake discs all round (stops on a penny!!) cat back stainless steel exhaust, Forge dump valve, silicon hoses, uprated coil packs(2 originals supplied....the 2 that didn't go down!!), ECU remapped by progressive performance(bristol), boost gauge in pod, Will be fitted with original radio/cassette with 6 disc boot mounted cd player. spare wheel is a full size alloy wheel in silver. 2 new tyres late last year(before MOT). Genuine reason for sale.

Currently on a private plate which will be removed once sale has been agreed."

Do I stay away from a car like this or is it pretty safe inside the Skoda group with mods like these?

Guest westallc

270bhp??? what turbo is it running as it cant be standard

doesnt seem to mention any turbo upgrades or even a front mount or even a down pipe so it prob a load of **** lol

Edited by westallc

Guest westallc

give him a call and ask him what turbo upgrades etc etc if he says none call him a **** and put the phone down lol

Yeah, didn't know if I could post outside links like that. So what are we thinking? beside that its a bit of billy bull?

or what about this one?

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1538697.htm

Is it just me or is hard to find decent black mk1's at the right price for the right money?

I have looked on PH, Auto trader and gumtree as well as posting a link here.

Guest westallc

that last one is nice

p.s vince at stealth racing is prob one of the best tuners of the 1.8t engine on the planet fact........

p.s.s yellow is the new black :rofl:

Guest westallc

i would have agreed a few months back but yellow is the new black red white orange the whole lot lmao

p.s havent you got work to do at this time of night like carry on polishing that rocker cover :rofl::rofl:

p.s havent you got work to do at this time of night like carry on polishing that rocker cover :rofl::rofl:

rocker cover inlet manifold and smooth that A pillar pod :smirk::thumbup:

oh and fit the grounding kit when it arrives :rofl::thumbup:

That first one looks pants, green grill and horrible white wheels just dont look right.

The second ad seems like a bloke who really cares for his car, so no doubt it's been well looked after.

the one with green snot has been on edition38 trying to be sold seems like the BHP is a bit of a sore point

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=296829

theres the link if anyone else wants to read it

and another one he dosnt seem to like answering people?

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=289458&st=0&p=2651935&fromsearch=1entry2651935

maybe he only answers by PM thats why his ads look a bit bare?

Edited by Bodie

the one with green snot has been on edition38 trying to be sold seems like the BHP is a bit of a sore point

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=296829

theres the link if anyone else wants to read it

and another one he dosnt seem to like answering people?

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=289458&st=0&p=2651935&fromsearch=1entry2651935

maybe he only answers by PM thats why his ads look a bit bare?

Reading these this blokes clearly full of **** and has a real bad attitude. Def stear clear of this one but the second option looks like it might be worth a look :thumbup:

Think I will stay away from the first one but as for the second ad.. is the price to high or is that reasonable? What sort of value could I realistic knock him down to?

Also does the odometer read in KM or miles? Because people seem to switch between the two in some ads so if its 130,000km that isn't so bad compared to 130,000 miles!

The second ad does seem a bit pricey considering its done over 100,000 miles, I would at least try to knock them down to under 3 grand. It may have this mod and that mod done to it but when selling time comes mods are worthless :mmm:

Odometer reads in miles by the way.