Tyre Reviews

Morning All,

At the moment, I have 4 well known tyre brands on the car. 2x Michelin, 1x Hancook and 1 x Continental.

Now, I'm wondering what you all use, what mileage you get out a set and what the cost is like?

I swear by Michelins, but come to the time to renew them - they are expensive.

Luke

Morning All,

At the moment, I have 4 well known tyre brands on the car. 2x Michelin, 1x Hancook and 1 x Continental.

Now, I'm wondering what you all use, what mileage you get out a set and what the cost is like?

I swear by Michelins, but come to the time to renew them - they are expensive.

Luke

Vredstein sessantas on mine ,lasts 12,000 cost £100 a corner although larger than yours :thumbup:

Pirelli Pzero Rossos are darn good, onto my second set at the front. Had some Falkens before but much prefer the Pirellis. Mileage is normally around 10k on them.

Edited by Jon_VRS

This is the age old query! A million different opinions. I've had Proxes on the back for over two years. On the front, I've had Proxes, PS2s and some part worn F1As in the same length of time. My car appears to eat tyres and whenever it's laser aligned it's always a bit out, gets corrected, but it's out again next time. The F1As are down to 2mm, so I'm gonna be buying up again soon and may just get something cheap given the rate I go through them.

For performance, the F1As actually felt the best. The PS2s were very nice but not quite as responsive in the wet. Proxes were very good for the money, but in future I think I'll either spend more and get more, or go cheaper.

Still on my shortlist to try are Hankook V12 Evos and Vred Sessantas. This time, I may get some cheap like KU31s tho, or maybe 452s.

I'm with you on the michelins luke but as you say they are very expensive!

Mine has 3 toyos on at the mo with a crappy one on the back. When I replace I'll be going 225/45 rather than 205/50 as there seems to be more choice at a lower cost.

I've been looking at the Avon zz3 tyres fir the ring trip, otherwise some more toyos

I have been recommended the Avons are good tyres so I may need to check the price of them.

It's £150 a corner for Michelins, exactly same tyres as the 307 and they did 18k on a set which is good IMO.

I've got the Avon ZZ3's (or should I say had - their in the shed now with the spiders) and they where a good all round tyre, good grip wet or dry and nice and quiet on the motorway

Just got some replica RS6 18's and they have Falkens (unsure what) on, seem OK but they are a bit noisier

I've got the Avon ZZ3's (or should I say had - their in the shed now with the spiders) and they where a good all round tyre, good grip wet or dry and nice and quiet on the motorway

Just got some replica RS6 18's and they have Falkens (unsure what) on, seem OK but they are a bit noisier

they will be a bit noisier mate as they are 18"

I have never had anything good on my car, only the std 205 50 17 Contisport's that came on the car from new. they were good but I found there was a particular vibration freq thru the car that made it rattle a bit. then got some 18" R32 mk5 reps on with 225 40 18 Marangoni Mythos. they lasted 20k iirc after rotating them and making sure the preasures were spot on before leaving camp to go home every weekend. replaced them with more as I liked them a lot and at the time they were cheap, very good grip and pritty quiat, good in wet and very grippy, I sold the rims with them on for some TD pro Race 1.2 rims with

Admiral/Kumoh 712. again cheap rubber and lasted ages. still shed loads of rubber on them even tho they are worn uneven as I raised the car and didnt get it alligned. must be 4-6 mm left on the ones from the rear and 4mm on the front. due to uneven wear I gettin rid for some 452 when funds allow. they were decent in the dry but deadly in the wet. no grip off the mark and cornering you needed to go careful but for the money you cant complaincovered 14+k with them.

Have Mayrun MR800 on the new R32 reps as one of the TD's was cracked due to manufacture(All sorted now got a new one free even tho they were 18 month old) and tbh I really like them, not the quietest but very good in the wet for budgets and dry is very impressive. if you going budget then have a look at them coz they are the best tyre Ive had for wet conditions and so far Ive done 4-5k on them and there is no real sign of much wear.

I had Falken 452's on mine, very good!

Same as Babs for me.

In fact have just replaced both fronts yesterday and bought 452's again as I was so impressed in both wet and dry (****e in snow though)! :thumbup:

I've had the whole Avon range on mine! ZV3, ZZ3 and now ZV5.

I've also had a full set of Kumho KU31's.

I'd say the KU31's and the ZV5's are the best of the bunch.

vreds or toyos are both very very good however are expensive, i will try kuhmo/falken next time to compare!

Dunlop sports, replaced like with like as was impressed mith them. Had several sets of pirellis on differant cars and all have gone oval. Fit mine at work so only cost 50ish quid each