On the 20th January this year, I ordered a New Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel DSG. I was told there would be a 8 to 10 week wait for it, which was OK. After 11 weeks I went back to the garage and was told it would be another 5 weeks! Fine, I can deal with that. I went back today, expecting to be told the car would be ready next week, but was told it would be another 3 weeks!

It is not a Special Order, it is Automatic (which is not unusual) and an Elegance model.

How many other people have the same (waiting) problem I have?

I live in West Cork, Ireland.

Get the tracking number from the dealer and speak with Skoda and find out if your order has actually been placed. The dealer might be sandbagging other orders due to money flow issues. I.E...skint!

I ordered a 1.4TSI DSG Elegance estate end of Feb and it was released for shipment on the 26th of April. I'm expecting it sometime in the next 2 weeks. Im guessing its the engine thats causing the delay ?

Hope you get better news soon.

J

Get the tracking number from the dealer and speak with Skoda and find out if your order has actually been placed. The dealer might be sandbagging other orders due to money flow issues. I.E...skint!

This makes no sense at all. Dealers dont pay for car until they are consigned.

I ordered a 1.4TSI DSG Elegance estate end of Feb and it was released for shipment on the 26th of April. I'm expecting it sometime in the next 2 weeks. Im guessing its the engine thats causing the delay ?

Hope you get better news soon.

J

Thanks, I hope so too.

We don't pay for cars until they are consigned.

On the 20th January this year, I ordered a New Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel DSG. I was told there would be a 8 to 10 week wait for it, which was OK. After 11 weeks I went back to the garage and was told it would be another 5 weeks! Fine, I can deal with that. I went back today, expecting to be told the car would be ready next week, but was told it would be another 3 weeks!

It is not a Special Order, it is Automatic (which is not unusual) and an Elegance model.

How many other people have the same (waiting) problem I have?

I live in West Cork, Ireland.

Ring Skoda, Dealer should be able to do better than that, as mobov has said get the tracking number from the dealer first

We don't pay for cars until they are consigned.

Thank you James for that information. I will get onto my garage and find out the Tracking Number and take it from there. You have put me thinking about the long delay!

PS. The garage I am buying from is a small garage and not a dealership.

We ordered our Scout through DtD and were told 12 - 14 weeks, but now we've been told it's scheduled for build week 31. So, with delivery that's 22 weeks and eating into a 15 plate, CR engined scenario.

Grrrr

Ordered through a main dealer in Cork on Feb 22nd. It was for a 1.6 CR Elegance and although was originally told 6-8 weeks turned out it was Build Week 18!

Which fortunately was just the week gone by.

Going to phone the dealership on Monday to find out whether the car was actually built and on it's way! If not the thing's being cancelled.

Been waiting too long and already have an alternative in mind if I can't get this one.

:)

You should definitely get a tracking number of some sort, OP, as it's not fair for you to be waiting so long..! That said; maybe the DSG for the 1.6 has been holding it up?

Edited by foregonereality

Ordered through a main dealer in Cork on Feb 22nd. It was for a 1.6 CR Elegance and although was originally told 6-8 weeks turned out it was Build Week 18!

Which fortunately was just the week gone by.

Going to phone the dealership on Monday to find out whether the car was actually built and on it's way! If not the thing's being cancelled.

Been waiting too long and already have an alternative in mind if I can't get this one.

:)

You should definitely get a tracking number of some sort, OP, as it's not fair for you to be waiting so long..! That said; maybe the DSG for the 1.6 has been holding it up?

Thanks very much for your helpful suggestion; I will get onto the garage I am dealing with on Monday and let him get a Tracking Number for me - that should get the skids under them!

Thanks very much for your helpful suggestion; I will get onto the garage I am dealing with on Monday and let him get a Tracking Number for me - that should get the skids under them!

Got a return Email from Skoda Ireland today, telling me my New Car has been ordered and that the delay is due to the availability of parts (or lack of) and that the car I ordered at the 20th January, I should have it sometime in mid June at the earliest!

If I had known there would be such a delay, I would have chosen another make of car!