3m Di-Noc Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap Group Buy

sausage roll

Here a few pic's off what i done this afternoon ,

IMAG0003.jpg

big thanks to Sausage Roll for organinizing the film :thumbup: ,

cheers big man hope your bro is getting better

Thanks Colin.

It was a shame half the people who have pm'd me since the GB closed didn't get on board when it was up for grabs.

My bro is on the mend (thank God) and may be home next week if he keeps on with the recovery. Shame though as he's loving the nurses in uniform. Bed bath anyone????

What did you think of this stuff then? Easy to use? As I haven't done mine yet!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasnt 2 bad , still need 2 muck about with the gear surround (ashtary dosent open right ).

but it is quite easy 2 use when u get it hot , i just used a hair drier .

Good 2 here about your bro

Cheers again mate

will a heat gun be too hot? 300 degrees C is the lowest i can go :rofl:

Son(Vrs sunroof) used my cheap £6 hairdryer and it worked a treat. He even wrapped the fuel filler cap on my smart car.

Kathy

_DSC0187.jpg

the plasic coating on my normal badge had blistered so that went in the bin, and stole the one off the engine cover, which i actually prefer, its not as bulbus and slightly smaller B)

Does the grille come apart to do the carbon wrapping

yep, open the bonnet, along the top of the grill are t25(ithink) x4 and the metal arms there are 4 (dont remove the arms remove the grille)

Flip over

theres about 10 clips to take the slats and the chrome out, (out the back)

Then take the chrome out from the slats Pushes off the front.

i would say take the badge off at this point and just pikey prise it off

clean it all up and wrap away

warning cos of the shape laying the face first helps. then work round it to cover up all the chrome with the Hair Dryer.

the awkward bits like the inside corners, heat it till its too hot to touch then press it into the corner till it is cold and it just stays there!

yep, open the bonnet, along the top of the grill are t25(ithink) x4 and the metal arms there are 4 (dont remove the arms remove the grille)

Flip over

theres about 10 clips to take the slats and the chrome out, (out the back)

Then take the chrome out from the slats Pushes off the front.

i would say take the badge off at this point and just pikey prise it off

clean it all up and wrap away

warning cos of the shape laying the face first helps. then work round it to cover up all the chrome with the Hair Dryer.

the awkward bits like the inside corners, heat it till its too hot to touch then press it into the corner till it is cold and it just stays there!

cool - looks good mate. How much wrap did you use? Did you just cut one large grill sized square/rectangle out and then cut the middle out to keep the pattern the same all the way around?

Yep thanks Jon. Mine arrived safely so need to get cracking now! And thanks again for sorting all of this out :thumbup:

Anyone done a Fabia rear spoiler yet??

So it's a case of cutting the amount required for the part, warming the Di-Noc up a little with a hairdryer and then stretching it round the selected item? It's been a while since I've done anything like this!

Cheers,

Steve

cool - looks good mate. How much wrap did you use? Did you just cut one large grill sized square/rectangle out and then cut the middle out to keep the pattern the same all the way around?

Sorry bout the late reply, yea thts it!

did the gear gator surround and the 2 bits of plastic next to the HU the other week, but been really busy to get any photos.

Come on whos Wrapped what?!?!

Boomsly - it has quite a lot of stretch with the added heat, what are you looking at doing with such a need to strch?

well i have a cunning plan to wrap most of the interior plastics :wonder:

just spent nearly 2 hours doing the plastic that surrounds the electric mirror switch, looks coolio if i do say so myself B)

i will be doing the chrome door opening handles, the drivers electric switch plastic, centre consol trim, rear door speaker outer bit plus handle and the front tweeter enclosures.

thats all i can be arsed to do at the moment, probably will find more to wrap up :rofl: oh not forgetting the chrome grille surround and maybe door mirrors

seems good stuff to, first try at it so i should get better with time and patience :thumbup:

Edited by boomsly

• 1 month later...