VW TOURAN SPORT PD140 (7Seater).

swordstoke

This motor has been part of the family for four years and covered 130k in that time with only a few minor interuptions(mainly caused by the dealer).

A brilliant car for those that need the space and practicality of an estate but with a more upright seating position(ideal for those with a sensitive back).

Didnt use the extra 2 seats which lie flat in the boot much but they did come in handy when required.

Build quality isnt bad and rattles where few and easliy rectified. Some of the internal palstic trim would detach itself occasinaly (around seats etc).

As far as performance, have to admit that it did raise a smile and felt quicker than its quoted 10.4s to 60 and easily kept up with most of today's rep mobiles etc..

The spec of the car was basic although enough for my needs, Aircon,remote locking,cruise ,quite good incar RCD310 etc and being black with silver roof rails looked the part.

Passenger's would always comment on how well the car felt even after a 500 mile journey which is good when you consider I have my seat as far back and lowered as possible.

As far a servicing costs went , all bar the last service were main dealer and while this was at first very good the dealer in question lost the plot and the motor had to be returned

so many times after a service that I gave up hence the reason I'm writing on a Skoda forum!

To be honest if the dealer had got there act together I might not have wandered off but giving them 5 chances and having a written appology from them including 2 free services a full valet they

still couldnt get it right. Oh well!

Tyres are always up for discussion and for me I settled with Dunlop Sport 01W (Not vw recommended version) which provided best road manners and longevity.(approx 16k-20k).

This was after trying several other types which all had there plus points(the second best being Conitis) and got them for £60 a corner.

A far as adding any after market bits:- mud flaps, chrome strip on edge of boot lid and have to admit a bit of badge engineering putting a GT badge on the front grill ;)

If youre looking for a mpv that might look a little boring but would put a smile on your face when you put your foot down give the Touran a try! :)

Recently gave up a 57 plate SE 140 after 146k miles in 30 months and it was one of the few cars I've been sad to see the back of. It failed a couple of times with minor things, punctures (no spare), leaking fuel filter seal (an hour after collecting it after a main dealer service!), leaking intercooler pipe connection and a broken clutch pedal mechanism return link. Apart from that, trouble free, very comfortable, great visibility, loads of room and exceptionally well built.

Suspension was getting tired which made the ride a bit harsh after about 135K and it could bottom out easily on road humps but engine wise it was as good as the day it arrived. I Couldn't recommend one highly enough and if the new one, due in September had, been available and the price hadn't gone up nearly £3,500 in two and a half years, I probably wouldn't be looking forward to a new Superb in July.

Recently gave up a 57 plate SE 140 after 146k miles in 30 months and it was one of the few cars I've been sad to see the back of. It failed a couple of times with minor things, punctures (no spare), leaking fuel filter seal (an hour after collecting it after a main dealer service!), leaking intercooler pipe connection and a broken clutch pedal mechanism return link. Apart from that, trouble free, very comfortable, great visibility, loads of room and exceptionally well built.

Suspension was getting tired which made the ride a bit harsh after about 135K and it could bottom out easily on road humps but engine wise it was as good as the day it arrived. I Couldn't recommend one highly enough and if the new one, due in September had, been available and the price hadn't gone up nearly £3,500 in two and a half years, I probably wouldn't be looking forward to a new Superb in July.

Ha ha! Leaking fuel filter must be a comon one as that happened to me twice and to add insult to injury the entire gasket failed and stopped me on the M11 and proceeded to empty deisel all over fast lane which involved the Highways agency! I wasnt popular with them and relayed that back to the dealer (explitives used)who'd serviced the car the morning previous!

As youve said, the motor is a good one but priced itself out of the running especially when you look at the Skoda family!

If I'd known the things I've picked up from Briskoda when I had my Touran, I'd probably still be driving it now - with a colour-coded grille, RNS510, and lowered suspension to improve the already reasonable handling capabilities

Having said that, I'd have missed out on the joys of vRS ownership :'(

Edited by Brimma

If I'd known the things I've picked up from Briskoda when I had my Touran, I'd probably still be driving it now - with a colour-coded grille, RNS510, and lowered suspension to improve the already reasonable handling capabilities

Having said that, I'd have missed out on the joys of vRS ownership :'(

Pictures?

Putting a GT badge on the front grill improved the performance immeasurabley :D

Sorry, I may have confused the issue - I didn't have those things fitted, they're things I WOULD have fitted :yes:

Doesnt take much to confuse me! :rofl:

Gottya!

Looking at the Face lifted Touran doesnt raise the intrest scale much!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've currently got an Octy, but a new arrival to the family means that I'm going to have to (very reluctantly) sell soon. Were you able to get 3 child seats in the middle row of seats? I've been looking at a Superb but don't think there's quite enough room unfortunately.

So, I'm now looking at the Touran Sport with a diesel engine, but from what i can see the 170bhp only comes with the dreaded DPF (we do a lot of short journeys). Am I right in thinking that the PD doesn't have the DPF? Did the 140 have enough oomph to keep you happy?

Many thanks for any pointers!

Touran is a great motor and the PD140 nippy enough to put a smile on your face :thumbup:

Dont know if 3 child seats will fit to be honest although think they come with two Isofix in the middle row as standard ? Might be a case of a minor modification?

Do know the S-Max can and was impressed by it's driveability recently :thumbup: