Yet another bloody fault!

Beggining to think my VRS doesn't like me!

Last night heading to Dunfermline my LCD Displays on my clocks stopped working. Clocks guages etc still worked just my mileage display and clock/trip comp bit weren't on

Turned the car off at my destination and then upon a restart they kicked back into life. Left my mates tonight and low and behold they're away again! Turned the car off and back on again round the corner and they're working again. So clearly a loose connection or my dash panel is on it's way out! Bloody things only done 51k!

All these niggly problems and my clutch are all starting to seriously annoy me!

I've spoken to a skoda mechanic about a replacement dash panel. He says it's the immobiliser for the car aswell so the car would need re programmed when a new dash panel was fitted :(

Skoda's labour rates are shocking. Phonecall to the warranty company in the morning find out if it's covered if not the I think I'm going for a focus

I've spoken to a skoda mechanic about a replacement dash panel. He says it's the immobiliser for the car aswell so the car would need re programmed when a new dash panel was fitted :(

Skoda's labour rates are shocking. Phonecall to the warranty company in the morning find out if it's covered if not the I think I'm going for a focus

Dash panel can be swapped out in 10 minutes, and ten minutes to program it. So about £190 for the part and half hour labour. Any more than £250 and they are taking the mickey.

I've removed my dash pannel in my octavia in a lot less then 10 mins. Its literally 4 screws (2 easy to get to 2 your better off using an extendable magentic screwdriver so you dont drop the screw) and then 2 wiring clips on the back of the dash (2 on the Octy anyway). You will need the SKC code for the new dash and hopefully you have the SKC for your new current dash. Then its stright forward swap the code and mileage etc and refit. All done in less than 30 mins maximum and that will include a cup of tea :D

Have no idea what Skoda dealer would charge but even they shouldn't be too expensive.

Edited by octimark

The sheer level and range of faults with some of the Skodas has got to be indicative of poor quality control in production and procurement.

Or may this is intended to be like this.

Certainly, my experience of cars of 30 years ago which were relatively niggling fault free tells me that something has changed with regard to the standards of production.

In 16 years of ownership my VW Golf Mk 1 had just one major fault - clutch. everthing else was hunky dory.

in 7 years of ownership of my Fabia 100hp 16v twin cam has had the following:-

Faulty ARB

Leaking rear doors

Faulty cam sensor

Faulty air con sensor

Horrendous oil consumption (1 litre in 1000 miles)

What horrifies me is that the consuming public thinks this is normal.

If things progress at this rate, it won;t be long before people will think it normal to expect to take delivery of a new car, drive it a hundred yards out of the dealership, at which point all four wheels drop off and the engine falls out. :giggle:

Nick

Me and my mate were saying pretty much the same thing last night. His wee 106 GTI is now 13 years old and done 106k and in that time it's been pretty much trouble free. If anything does go wrong it's so easy to fix he does it on his driveway no faffing about with computers and diagnostics. Whereas mines mainly has to go to a garage to get sorted out! :(

Technology is going to kill the world, we rely on it that much it's gonna get to a bad stage sooner or later!

Me and my mate were saying pretty much the same thing last night. His wee 106 GTI is now 13 years old and done 106k and in that time it's been pretty much trouble free. If anything does go wrong it's so easy to fix he does it on his driveway no faffing about with computers and diagnostics. Whereas mines mainly has to go to a garage to get sorted out! :(

Technology is going to kill the world, we rely on it that much it's gonna get to a bad stage sooner or later!

I don't get why they build in the need to consume oil...

My Bora 2.0 was the same... 1ltr to 1000miles.

My Furby burns a bit... Well alot if you include the actual diesel.... :D

But...

My mark 3 Golf 2.0 GTI 8v didn't burn a single drop in 6 years and 70 thousand miles!!

Is this a new thing in engine design now??? The 4 strokes are becoming 2 strokes.... :rofl: