An antidote to colour-coded grilles Pt 2 - the pictures

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow :o

The question being, do YOU like it Brimma?

I'm going to go with it for a while to see what reaction it gets :yes:

Problem is I obviously don't see it when I'm driving, so I can easily forget about it

I'll be at Chatsworth Show next weekend, so I'll probably get laughed off the park - we'll see ;)

Please tell me the green is a photoshop .....

In Donny last night there was a Clio that had soooo much modification done to it,

it needed a huge Clio sunstrip at the top of the windscreen.

On the one hand I thought, a lot of work has gone into that, the fit & finish were good.

On the other hand it looked like he'd crashed into the Ripoffspeed display at Halfrauds with his car covered in glue.

Still, its a free country and it gave us something else to talk about as we walked between pubs, so fair play to the chap.

Brimma, I think the rubbing strips on the doors should be red.

Where did you get them mate, still cloning! :thumbup: and how easy are the bottom grills to remove, thinking of running DRL's in the convieniant slot on the outside grills then colour coding the whole lot.

You don't need separate DRLs, there's an option in VCDS to have your fogs as DRLs at a reduced power output.

I think it works with the round VRS fogs as well the square ones.

Mine are set at 30% as it matched the side lights pretty well and doesn't glare or dazzle.

(Shark90 Ben did mine at the last Snipe meet) :thumbup:

You don't need separate DRLs, there's an option in VCDS to have your fogs as DRLs at a reduced power output.

I think it works with the round VRS fogs as well the square ones.

Mine are set at 30% as it matched the side lights pretty well and doesn't glare or dazzle.

(Shark90 Ben did mine at the last Snipe meet) :thumbup:

Interesting :think: mine is MY2006 so that may not be available, out of interest how do you stand with the local constabulary with these on? I can imagine a fixed penalty for driving with your fogs on! :thumbdown:

I do kinda' like the DRL's and Halfrauds do a very inconspicious set for £14.99 that fit snuggly into the gap I mentioned before.

Edited by Pagey1255

Me too

Although when i said it I thought the whole bottom grille would be red.

:D

I thought all red might be a bit OTT :rofl:

Better pics now :thumbup:

P1090861.jpg

P1090860.jpg

And before anyone mentions it, I know I was on a double yellow, but hey, what the hell, I'm such a rebel :rock:

Edited by Brimma

I thought all red might be a bit OTT :rofl:

Better pics now :thumbup:

P1090861.jpg

P1090860.jpg

And before anyone mentions it, I know I was on a double yellow, but hey, what the hell, I'm such a rebel :rock:

I think the yellow clashes mate....... :giggle:

Brilliant :). Need to deal with those bland wing mirrors and roof bars now...

Or chrome an egg shaped section of the grille, paint the wings red and get some very shiny alloys and you'll pretty much have one of these :) :

bugatti-veyron.jpg

I'm struggling to come to terms with the fact there's so far been over 3000 views of this thread :rofl::rofl:

Obviously not quite got to grips with Photoshop yet then Pagey ;)

We need to get this out there for other people to view as well as I'm sure we shouldn't be the only lucky ones Brimma.

So if you're a member of another forum (even non motoring) then let them see the brilliance as well.

Edited by prolfe

Until a non-removable major body panel is painted green or red, or is striped to match I am going to remain unconvinced of the conviction to this colour scheme.

Until a non-removable major body panel is painted green or red, or is striped to match I am going to remain unconvinced of the conviction to this colour scheme.

Please don't encourage him emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

We need to get this out there for other people to view as well as I'm sure we shouldn't be the only lucky ones Brimma.

So if you're a member of another forum (even non motoring) then let them see the brilliance as well.

Spread the word - shout it from the highest hill..............why not ? :)

Interesting :think: mine is MY2006 so that may not be available, out of interest how do you stand with the local constabulary with these on? I can imagine a fixed penalty for driving with your fogs on! :thumbdown:

I do kinda' like the DRL's and Halfrauds do a very inconspicious set for £14.99 that fit snuggly into the gap I mentioned before.

Mines a 55 plate built in 2005.

The fog lights come on ONLY with the fog light switch and ONLY during fog, falling snow or other poor visibility!

I can only assume that a lot of drivers don't know how to demist their windscreen,

as they seem to think it's foggy all the time

The same bulbs also have a DRL setting in VCDS,

they've set at 30% intensity, to prevent dazzle, so they're clearly different in their function.

The only constable that has commented on them so far, said, he was quite happy with them.

Although he was off duty at the time :rofl:

What can I say? I'm at work and they have only just introduced XP as an operating system :thumbdown: yes I do work for the government :giggle:

took the words from my mouth there. only a government job could be that far behind to have just introduced XP. were still on office 2003 etc

took the words from my mouth there. only a government job could be that far behind to have just introduced XP. were still on office 2003 etc

So the government department project my company is working on is a bit too advanced then? We're building a Windows 7 VDI environment with a VTL for nearline backups...

What can I say? I'm at work and they have only just introduced XP as an operating system :thumbdown: yes I do work for the government :giggle:

So the government department project my company is working on is a bit too advanced then? We're building a Windows 7 VDI environment with a VTL for nearline backups...

Come on guys, this a serious thread - let's keep it on topic please :rofl:

ok have you thought of making your spoiler and wing mirrors orange as well

I said it's a serious thread !

And it's red - not orange - orange would be gross :sick: