Executive vRS !?!

Been looking at the interior of my car lately:

interiorfrontseats.jpg

interiorrearseats.jpg

Nothing unusual there then. However, normally it’s the wheels or stereo that gets pinched, so there’s me parking the car round the back of the garage and 15 minutes later:

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Luckily I’ve been on the look out for something a little more executive (ebay calling). One week after starting a search suitable items turned up on a pallet. Gave ‘em a bit of a clean and in they went rears first:

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

B)

Fronts are heated, to be wired in later in the year (in time for autumn me thinks)

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

:yes:

Taken from a Mk IV Golf, early thoughts, much more comfortable than the vRS seats.

Now what to do with the door cards, the seats came with matching door cards, rears won’t fit, fronts are the same dimensions but fixings are different, but probably could be modified. They look somewhat more up market than the Octavia door cards….

Final thoughts, do I sell the vRS seats, in very good condition of course, or stick ‘em in storage and refit to the car when I come to sell, whenever that is? Anyone interested in a set please make me an offer…

You have really looked after the original seat well. I am sure you will get a good price for them.

I would not change the front door cards otherwise it would look strange with the fronts changed but the rears still original.

That looks like Bora Highline stuff. What MKIV is it from?

Straight fit?

They were advertised as being out of a golf, and yeah fitted straight in as easy as 1 2 3. Rear splits fold as per skoda versions, catches on up rights work perfect.

Edited by Leeboy

Love it mate..much better..as for the cards i would get the vRS ones retrimed to match and darker carpet too!

ditto - get teh white bits retimmed with leather - mmm nice

They were advertised as being out of a golf, and yeah fitted straight in as easy as 1 2 3. Rear splits fold as per skoda versions, catches on up rights work perfect.

Well they're very nice either way :thumbup:

when i have seen leathers fitted there is usually a big gap either side of the rear seat where they clip into the fold down catch's, do you have any such gaps?

or better still could you post piccys of the edges of the seats to show how well they fit size wise

hope that all made sense :rofl:

that design seat is really comfy. I have the same but not in leather and the side bolsters are so much more grippy :D they were fitted to the golf and bora but only the later 2001+ models so they come with the lumbar adjustment as well which is good.

Guest westallc

i prefer oem if im honest i did the whole black leather and must say reverting back im so much happier with the look

Cawmere has got the black leather interior from the Bora GTI fitted in his Octy TDI. I think for the door cards he replaced the biscuit coloured Elegance ones with black and white VRS ones and had the fabric inserts replaced with black leather to match the seats :thumbup:

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

when i have seen leathers fitted there is usually a big gap either side of the rear seat where they clip into the fold down catch's, do you have any such gaps?

or better still could you post piccys of the edges of the seats to show how well they fit size wise

hope that all made sense :rofl:

Bit slow in answering this one, pics answer the question I think, bit of a gap further down the rear seat upright where it meets the base, but doesn't look out of place.

may10039.jpg

may10040.jpg

Can confirm that the front seats are way more comfy than the standard items; had a bit of a journey last week:

Gosport to Newcastle, Monday then down to Bury, Wednesday eve and home back to Gosport last night. Around 750 miles and 12 hours worth of driving.

Car managed it easily (on its recently replaced engine courtesy of Westallc's late black octy) and more importantly, the driver was relaxed and comfortable all way, better than the recenly departed mK II Octy vRS seats I reckon :thumbup:

Edited by Leeboy

Guest westallc

with the work you did on the engine stripping it all done new gaskets seals new turbo etc that engine is as good as new :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

thanks for the info about the spacing, i did have a look at the first pictures but the seatbelts seem to be just over or on the edge of the seat so wasnt sure. :no:

i think they look lovely, ill be giving these a good long think about for a later date :thumbup:

Edited by boomsly