Hill Hold Control?

I can't get the HHC to work on my Superb. I know it's standard on my model. I've tried all sorts of different brake pressures and I know it only works for two seconds. Does it have to be enabled in any way? :S

Hill hold control should kick in when the car is on a slight incline and all you do is pump the brake pedal and you get a "solid" feel to the pedal. Remember to hold the car on the brake pedal and as you state it should give you approx 2seconds to get moving. I think it is a great feature and my wife hates it on her Octy.

Hill hold control should kick in when the car is on a slight incline and all you do is pump the brake pedal and you get a "solid" feel to the pedal. Remember to hold the car on the brake pedal and as you state it should give you approx 2seconds to get moving. I think it is a great feature and my wife hates it on her Octy.

No need to pump the pedal, just apply the brakes as normal, and while not timed it I think it holds for a touch longer than 2secs, well my last 2 cars seem to anyway :thumbup:

What model/year is it?

Was it first registered in the UK?

Got it last Tuesday.....it's new. It's a V6. I have rang the dealer but as yet I haven't had anybody get back to me.

G.K, I have tried that as I thought it might be like the ' Hold ' system on Mercs. I've always used the handbrake, but the point is, if this HHC should work then I want it to! :yes:

No need to pump the pedal, just apply the brakes as normal, and while not timed it I think it holds for a touch longer than 2secs, well my last 2 cars seem to anyway :thumbup:

Well, it ain't working properly then! Thanks for your replies. :thumbup:

Don't you have a button near the shift stick saying auto hold? .....

No. There is the ESP button through which the HHC works but that function is definitely on! :thumbup:

The manual states: "The uphill-start off-assist makes it much easier to start off on steep hills. The system assists a start off by holding the brake pressure produced by the brake pedal actuation for approx. 2 seconds after releasing the brake pedal. The driver can therefore move his foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal and start off on the slope, without having to actuate the handbrake. The brake pressure drops gradually the more you operate the accelerator pedal. If the vehicle does not start off within 2 seconds, it starts to roll back. The uphill-start off-assist is active in the event of a 5% slope, if the vehicle door is closed. It is always active on slopes when in forward or reverse start off. When driving downhill, it is inactive."

Mine came with hill hold too and I didn't have to do anything to activate it, but I'd guess that it had to be coded when fitted. I suppose that there's a chance that yours wasn't coded, or that it's a dealer-activated task during PDI, just like the lights are (the cars are delivered with a much-reduced set of working bulbs to prevent accidental battery drain. This is re-coded at the dealers).

Ray

Edited by Argee

I can't get the HHC to work on my Superb. I know it's standard on my model. I've tried all sorts of different brake pressures and I know it only works for two seconds. Does it have to be enabled in any way? :S

to start with, are you on any steep slope.. it need sufficient gradient before the Hill hold control kick in..

Well, thank you once again for all your replies. It's definitely not working so Allams have booked it in for TWO days next week to find out what's wrong! :no:

• 2 weeks later...

S'funny, I took it in to Allams today. They plugged it in to their "thing" but it didn't reveal a fault. The service supervisor took it out and confirmed it wasn't working at all. They're at a loss. They're contacting Skoda Technical and will notify me when they've got an idea! :no: It's a coincidence to hear yours isn't working also. As you say, it should be standard on the V6. Hope they haven't forgot to install it! :S

• 2 weeks later...

Car was in the garage today and they confirmed it was not working as it was not installed !!! - now taking this up with Skoda UK as the brochure clearly states Hill Hold should be standard on the V6

Chris

Car was in the garage today and they confirmed it was not working as it was not installed !!! - now taking this up with Skoda UK as the brochure clearly states Hill Hold should be standard on the V6

Chris

Did the dealer give any idea if it can be retro-fitted or not?

Well, I'm waiting for the Supervisor from Allams to contact me about my V6. As it's not showing anything on the computer I reckon it's not been fitted to mine either! :doh:

Chris, I've stuck my phone number in my PM....can you give me a ring?

Stewart.

Edited by RedDog

Stewart PM'd me as he remembered I too have a V6 on order - due to pick up next week.

I'll be checking this carefully and will update the post next week.

I have the brochure dowloaded when I ordered in Jan and also the brochure downloaded today (June 2010). Both say the HHC is standard equipment on the 1.8 and 3.6 DSG!

Skoda UK have told me it is not fitted to my car and there is an error in the Brochure !!!!!!!..............Not happy as I tow a Caravan and wanted this as it will make starting on a hill easier

It is a pretty serious error as they had to specifically write V6 and 1.8 TSI only in the brochure and it is still in the current brochure

I would have chosen this as an option if I had known it was not on the Car - Skoda UK s initial offer is to refund the £105 the cost of the HHC - told them this is not acceptable

Thinking of starting a new thread entitled DON'T TRUST THE SKODA UK BROCHURE !!!

Skoda UK have told me it is not fitted to my car and there is an error in the Brochure !!!!!!!..............

Unacceptable in my view.

I am contacting my lease company now to state I will reject the car next week if this (or anything else!) is not fitted.

Skoda are going to get a lot of bad press if this is not resolved.

Anyone from Skoda care to comment on here??

I would have chosen this as an option if I had known it was not on the Car

Exactly, Chris! As we've ordered the top of the range Superb then no doubt we would all have ordered it! Trading Standards tell me that my dispute will be with the dealer and not Skoda but I'm sure the Dealers are just as unaware of this as well. What I can't understand is that the current brochures, just released, for the Superb, the Octavia and the Yeti are still showing HHC as standard on most of the petrol DSG vehicles. To offer £105 seems to be missing the point! :no:

. To offer £105 seems to be missing the point! :no:

£105 to make up for the loss of what was a major factor in the buying process for this car is a total joke :thumbdown: . I wonder if it would be grounds enough to actually reject the car? I know I would be trying for that anyway

I have followed this up via my lease company - here is the response;

I have advised the dealer reference the alert you told me about and they knew nothing about it. She has gone and sat in your new car to check if it has Hill Hold Control and has come back to me to advise it hasn't. She has contacted Skoda who have advised her that the notifications from them are going out today to all the dealers across the Country to advise their customers about the error so you have actually been informed before our dealers.

I am therefore initially rejecting the car and the lease company are raising this as a complaint with Skoda.

Failing a satisfactory response, I will then email this response to as many motoring magazines as I can find - especially those that publish Skoda's success in the JD Power surveys.

I have followed this up via my lease company - here is the response;

I have advised the dealer reference the alert you told me about and they knew nothing about it. She has gone and sat in your new car to check if it has Hill Hold Control and has come back to me to advise it hasn't. She has contacted Skoda who have advised her that the notifications from them are going out today to all the dealers across the Country to advise their customers about the error so you have actually been informed before our dealers.

I am therefore initially rejecting the car and the lease company are raising this as a complaint with Skoda.

Failing a satisfactory response, I will then email this response to as many motoring magazines as I can find - especially those that publish Skoda's success in the JD Power surveys.

Good for you! You can have my details as well, if you want, to show that there are other vehicles affected!

Hi,

Reddog has just put me on to this thread from the Fabia II forum.

HHC as far as I'm aware has been a standard feature with the 7 speed DSG but not the 6 due I believe to the 7 being a dry plate system.

Also had a similar issue with my Yeti; arrived at Emden missing the off-road button I'd specified, SUK offered to refund the total cost of any options fitted in compensation.

Decided to reject and renegotiated a new order with the dealer at a more favourable rate in my favour.

Anyway I hope you can all get this issue resolved to your satisfaction.

Kind regards,

TP