Vrs II Delivery time

do all dealers have this list available? I am given a 12 week maximum wait for my company car so this would be useful

No idea, any dealers out there?

White or Blue for new company car, I decided not the white as it's an arse to keep clean when doing 40K a year.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea, any dealers out there?

White or Blue for new company car, I decided not the white as it's an arse to keep clean when doing 40K a year.

need to update my sig as I'm deffo going blue for my company car

• 1 month later...

My current company car is due to return to leasing company 1st week of October.

As we are now purchasing cars when do you think we should be looking to place an order to coincide with this date?

Cheers

As we are now purchasing cars when do you think we should be looking to place an order to coincide with this date?

Cheers

Yesterday, if not before...

I ordered mine last year in September and I collected from the dealer on January 11th this year... If you have to wait as long, then you'll be without a car for a couple of weeks... I also threatened to cancel the order as at one stage in November as when calling to enquire as to the progress I was informed the car wouldn't be with me until February... Amazingly enough, 10 minutes after telling the dealer I was cancelling the order I got a phone call from them saying they'd "misread the system" and the delivery date would be mid-January...

Fortunately, my fleet manager was flexible so I wasn't without a car whilst I waited for the delivery of my new car (originally quoted as 10-12 weeks by the dealer).

There seems to be massive discrepancies in the delivery times. Two people can order a car on the same day (similar or even the same spec) and get completely different delivery dates.

If I was you, I'd order it now specifying it has to be delivered by October 1st and if that can't be guaranteed then you can cancel the order without losing the deposit....

Yesterday, if not before...

I ordered mine last year in September and I collected from the dealer on January 11th this year... If you have to wait as long, then you'll be without a car for a couple of weeks... I also threatened to cancel the order as at one stage in November as when calling to enquire as to the progress I was informed the car wouldn't be with me until February... Amazingly enough, 10 minutes after telling the dealer I was cancelling the order I got a phone call from them saying they'd "misread the system" and the delivery date would be mid-January...

Fortunately, my fleet manager was flexible so I wasn't without a car whilst I waited for the delivery of my new car (originally quoted as 10-12 weeks by the dealer).

There seems to be massive discrepancies in the delivery times. Two people can order a car on the same day (similar or even the same spec) and get completely different delivery dates.

If I was you, I'd order it now specifying it has to be delivered by October 1st and if that can't be guaranteed then you can cancel the order without losing the deposit....

Thanks! I shall mention it tomorrow gauge the reaction, I imagine the words "but yours doesn't go back until October" will be said.

Just spoke to someone from Allam Skoda, they are quoting 1st week of October delivery if ordered now, so 11-12 weeks FYI.

Don't believe everything they tell you!

Was given the usual 10 - 12 weeks when I ordered mine on April 19th (vRS CR DSG estate + goodies), delivery has been put back many times and is now mid September.

You're only possible chance of October is a bog standard vRS Petrol manual.

Don't believe everything they tell you!

Was given the usual 10 - 12 weeks when I ordered mine on April 19th (vRS CR DSG estate + goodies), delivery has been put back many times and is now mid September.

You're only possible chance of October is a bog standard vRS Petrol manual.

ordered my L&K 5th May. Origianlly told first week Aug. Now being told mid Sept.

My wife ordered a DS3 in march, delivery in back end of August but if it is will hang on for 60 plate in no rush as part ex price remains the same! 1500 combination's so your car really is unique :thumbup: and wantaskoda, you must be mad to want to pick it up on 31 August Ive a private plate too but it will be worth £300 less when you sell it and your paying one months tax for one day???

Edited by bluvrs2

When buying a new car you can tax if for a year and 2 weeks so can pick up a car before the end of the month and not lose out on car tax. I picked my new car up on the 22nd June with the tax running out at the end of June 2011.

When buying a new car you can tax if for a year and 2 weeks so can pick up a car before the end of the month and not lose out on car tax. I picked my new car up on the 22nd June with the tax running out at the end of June 2011.

You learn something new everyday , well I do!! :giggle:

Cheers

As already said you would need to order yesterday.i ordered on sunday and looking mid october although the factory is closed for 3 weeks so i wont get a date till nearer end of July.(dealer called me today)

A dealer saying 1st october is guessing in my opinion with factory closed they wont be able to give you a proper date, on my paperwork delivery date is quoted at 18th October

Edited by 02cab

As already said you would need to order yesterday.i ordered on sunday and looking mid october although the factory is closed for 3 weeks so i wont get a date till nearer end of July.(dealer called me today)

A dealer saying 1st october is guessing in my opinion with factory closed they wont be able to give you a proper date, on my paperwork delivery date is quoted at 18th October

i've been quoted 16-20 weeks!! order -> build -> load on ship bound for oz -> off load -> customs/quarantine -> dealer delivery -> my hands

placed the order with dealer on june 13th - expecting it in my hands end of october.

the long 4 month wait is painfull!!! argghhh

i haven't got a build week yet. i believe skoda factories r in the summer break/holiday now. have to wait till they resume operations before finding out when my 2.0 tfsi dsg liftback, with some options, will be built.

Edited by JR RS

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered my vRS on the 20th of June and been given a week 37 build date, how long does it take to ship over?

From reading these threads, build date to actual collection is typically 2-4 weeks, with shipping hold-ups being the greatest variable.

However, be warned, I ordered my VRS CR DSG with extras on 25/03/2010 and was given 12-14 weeks estimate of delivery on the order note.

This further advanced to a quoted build week of 26 (did not happen), then on to definite build week 30 (did not happen) and now build week 31 (this week!).

If my car did actually get built this week ( yeah....sure), I would realistically then be looking at a 23 week delivery time. SUK are claiming this is not unusal!

As you can imagine, I am not holding my breath. The dealer has sat on my £1,800 deposit for along time now and I am losing patience.

Good luck with your order........

Ordered my vRS on the 20th of June and been given a week 37 build date, how long does it take to ship over?

ordered my vrs diesel manual on 28th of May and yet I have only got a build week of 36?

There is certainly no pattern to build dates from when you order the car . I would expect an earlier build date looking at yours only being the week after.

Oh well, will just have to wait patiently :swear:

Daz

found out today my car has been allocated a planned production of week 35!!

woOot.

fingers n legs crossed that stays ontrack.

ordered 7 weeks ago.

so that's about 11 weeks from order to builld......presuming no delays with the "planned" build week.

sadly it will take another 4-6 weeks after that for shipping n delivery, to get to the otherside of the world!!!

As you can imagine, I am not holding my breath. The dealer has sat on my £1,800 deposit for along time now and I am losing patience.

That seems a big deposit. What sort of deposit are others putting down?

Steve

Steve

10% of the purchase price. here in oz for a factory order.

though its not strictly enforced - depends on dealer.

Steve

Our lease company put down £1500, yes I'm lucky enough to be getting one as a company car.