AmD RR Day £35 13/06/2010

grr666

this has grown from a 2 car then a 5 car meet..............now everyone wants a piece of the action..an essex/kent monster meet creation.

mark wont know where to point his camera!

lol! Its sounds like a great turn out so far!

Anyone coming from A12 way from Colchester/Chelmsford way? Could meet up for a convoy.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes... I'm back...

Been away in Bristol over the weekend, moved another vanload of stuff into the storage.

Crappy journey home... Scabby french works van blew a boost hose on the way home.

Had to nurse it the next 130 odd miles home along the M4 at around 40 - 50 mph

defeated by even the gentlest of inclines with zero grunt. :no:

Oh how I missed the black flash, its bad enough having to drive the van as it is.... :yes:

Anyway, I see you lot have been busy and it would appear we have our minimum numbers

to qualify for free pork products, MEAT GOOD!!!

Well done everybody who has put the word around and badgered

their mates into coming along and whatnot. Good work fellas :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

But to be sure, and make that impending heart attack in a bun an absolute certainty lets keep up the

pace and keep adding to that list and making this a real blast of an event.

I'm going to be up at 6 on a sunday morning washing the car just because that foey bloke is always lurking around

with that damn camera of his ;)

With 6 days still to go we should aim for 30+ now and AMD will have to lay on a BBQ on a biblical scale that will decimate the

meat stocks of South East England.

Next Sunday Gentlemen We shall descend on Thurrock like a swarm of Skoda driving carniverous locusts :D

For those needing directions, phone numbers or whatever,

Here's where the meats at (see what I did there ;) )

HOW TO FIND OR CONTACT AMD... Click me

Edited by grr666

how about a convoy then join a convoy?

so Maidsone - Bluewater - AMD

I'm easy, would equally meet with Ant and Chicken; A21 ish if they didn't fancy the trek across to Maidstone, then go on to the Bluewater gathering.

bugger, im going to have to bail out on this one. Ive been told by the misses we need to go out a work function saturday. Meaning lots of free beer :giggle:

so i wont be in any fit state to drive sunday

sorry guys :doh:

Edited by amity498

I wont be putting mine on the rollers yet as I still have a hesitation issue I would like to sort out first but I might pop along and watch/say hi as i am only 20-30 mins down the road :-)

Is it too late to sign up for this?

I'm picking my Octavia vRS estate up on the 12th, so would be great fun to have a go on the rolling road. It's an ex-Kent Police car, so would be interesting to see if the rumours that the police chip / tune their cars are true :p

I'm near Slough, anyone coming up from this side of that London?

Edited by Tibbs

1. grr666

2. Gareth 1.8T

3. vRSsunroof (unsure)

4. Chicken_eyebrow

6. foey

7. Jonny5ive

8. Deanno1dad

9. Ralph Wiggum

10: Ad Lav (deciding if I should RR or not)

11: Ad Lav's mate Sam - BMW 320 track car

12 Ad Lav's mate Tom - BMW 320d

13: Ad Lav's mate Martin - Bug Eye Subaru Impreza circa 340bhp

14. Hedge - Golf (maybe)

15. myfatcow (if the car is working)

16. foey's mate - Paul - Seat Leon Cupra-R

17 foey's mate (Paul's Brother) - Audi A3 S line

18 mdmay

19 Beryls Chief Pilot

20:B33fy

21:Tibbs

Edited by Ad Lav

Hi all, looking at the numbers and reading back through this thread,

we need to remove Ralph wiggum from the RR list as he said he would spectate only.

The list is for RR guys only, Getting close to the event we must keep an eye on this. :smirk:

It goes without saying that all are of course welcome to come along on the day,

But..., We are only just scraping the 20 participants threshold and we are bound to get a few no shows

for numerous reasons, so... Keep up the momentum guys :thumbup:

As stated earlier in the thread, £35 is a great price for what would normally cost £75

I'm sure Shaun at AMD would be happy to answer any queries anybody may have about the process

He's contactable through the AMD Essex website http://www.amdessex.com/contact.cfm

Another 5 definite candidates for the RR will guarantee our meaty feast ;)

Edited by grr666

I may pop along to this and unsure whether to RR the car as I'll be getting rid soon anyway!

petrol vRS here I come :rofl:

Might help you to sell it with a recent RR graph to show alls running well ;)

You know you want to :yes:

Oh go on then!! lol if I can go on early-ish in the list (may be that space at no. 5) I will stick mine on there as I will have to shoot off in the afternoon??

Is this just a dyno run or can they do a data log on the cars at the same time? or if someone has VAG-COM and wants to do a log while mine is on the dyno I would be most grateful ;)

Oh go on then!! lol if I can go on early-ish in the list (may be that space at no. 5) I will stick mine on there as I will have to shoot off in the afternoon??

Is this just a dyno run or can they do a data log on the cars at the same time? or if someone has VAG-COM and wants to do a log while mine is on the dyno I would be most grateful ;)

Good news :thumbup: Thanks for taking part mate :yes:

I'll post an amended list.

Give Shaun at AMD a bell if you need a little more information,

I'm not the best person to ask about techie stuff. if somebody is vagcommed up

and wants to bring along their kit then by all means do, I'm sure it will be handy.

List Of Rollers Only!!

1. grr666

2. Gareth 1.8T

3. vRSsunroof (unsure)

4. Chicken_eyebrow

5. Nickbes :thumbup:

6. foey

7. Jonny5ive

8. Deanno1dad

14. Hedge - Golf (maybe)

18 mdmay

19 Beryls Chief Pilot

We still need a roller for slot 9 and then we're back on track :rock:

Edited by grr666

My (well, sooon to be my) car is OU05FNZ - it's the one that's on ebay motors (and please no-one go on and buy it out from under me!). It looks like hell, but the mechanicals seem pretty good. I've actually sent an email to Kent Police to see if I can get a hold of the maintenance records so I know when the cambelt was done etc.

There's always urban legends about exactly what the Police do to their cars, and even whether they do or not! I do know that in the late 60s early 70s when my dad was driving fast Jags for the Met they used Mk IIs with close ratio gearboxes and high lift cams etc to get an edge. A lot of these cars I think found their way onto the circuit for Touring Cars. I certainly remember a day at the touring cars 15 or so years ago when my dad saw one of his old works cars in the pits being prepped for one of the warm up classic races! My dad was talking to the guy about the car and mentioned that they used to put a concrete block in the boot to keep the back end in, and without a word the guy lifted the catch, and in the boot was said block!

Edited by Tibbs

I'll take slot 9.

What time do I need to get there? 10ish was it? An earlyer slot would be best as cant stay all day.

Trying to get a friend to come and bring his celica 190. Hoping with my mods to have out hp him.

Edited by ezeekiel

I'll take slot 9.

What time do I need to get there? 10ish was it? An earlyer slot would be best as cant stay all day.

Trying to get a friend to come and bring his celica 190. Hoping with my mods to have out hp him.

Hi mate, we are starting at 9am so in slot 9 you shouldn't have to hang around all day

Thanks for taking part. :yes:

List Of Rollers Only!!

1. grr666

2. Gareth 1.8T

3. vRSsunroof (unsure)

4. Chicken_eyebrow

5. Nickbes

6. foey

7. Jonny5ive

8. Deanno1dad

9. ezeekiel :thumbup: Job done mate :thumbup:

14. Hedge - Golf (maybe)

18 mdmay

19 Beryls Chief Pilot

Edited by grr666

We start the day at 9am and run until finished.

Cheers Shaun.

Straight from the horses mouth. ;)

I'm up at 6 to get mine clean before I go. :doh: