Anyone on here taxi a Superb?

p1tud

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been running a superb 130 elegance as a taxi since the end march. Had 9000 on when I got it. Now on 55k! Front tyres seem to last about 20k only just changed the origional rears at 52k. Will vary quite a lot depending on make. Origional michelins were ok, P6000's were good for grip but bad for wear and not cheap! Trying some budgets this time that were recomended by the guy who services it for me. Seem pretty good, road noise is fine, grip if fine just waiting to see how they wear! But at

i run a 2.5 tdi v6 elegance superb tip as a taxi in edinburgh,i have done 60000 miles in a year with no problems,what a great machine.it runs on 18 inch rims came with the car.town 25-27mpgon a journey 35-40 mpg.

OK I run a small taxi firm, and have tried several vehicles on test, to try to find the best combination for both driver and passenger. My first choice, was a Kia Sedona, which I did 60,000 miles of reletavly trouble free motoring in. As I needed something a little larger for the type of work I was getting, ( Mainly airport trasnsfers ) I replaced this with a brand new to my spec special order Nissan Primastar. This is basicaly a Renault Traffic but with Nissan badges on. I have completed 55,000 miles in this since it was bought new 16 months ago, and as yet have not even had to replace the tyres or brake linning yet. Only problem I have had was a dealer caused issue, when they filled the gearbox with too much oil, and a faulty outside temp sensor. I also bought a Skoda superb, to take my business clients to airports, as the 8 seater Nissan was a bit of an overkill for work like this. I have to say, that I would not buy anything else for this kind of work, it is both reliable and comfortable, economical, loads of room for passengers, always gets very good comments about it's comfort and size, my dad has bought one as well, and as a man who never in the past has even got remotely enthusiastic about a car, praises his at every given oppotunity, in fact he is now the complete opposite to how he used to be, and now makes comment about it all the time, in fact at pressent he is in France, and even sent a post card with comment on how well it handles on French roads, and that even the Tour de France are using them, and for him to take notice of what make and model of car they are using, is a real first. My Superb has done 10,000 miles since I got it second hand, and the tyres have still not even started to wear yet, using Pirreli P6000 on it all round, as fitted by the dealer in the deal when I bought it. Wheels are the 17'' solid 5 spoke ones, and look the dogs whatsits. Love the car to bits, as does my dad and my mate who also bought one at the same time. He has had a few issues with his to do with reversing sensors, and emission workshop error on matix, but other than that can not fault it. As for economy, mine is a 130PS comfort spec 1.9 TDI and regulary gets, 52-54 mpg on regular motorway runs.

• 1 year later...

Bump for an old thread of mine :) makes interesting reading. my dads cars on 215k miles now and has only needed a clutch and flywheel and cv joint and of course brakes and tyres. Passed its 3rd m.o.t again without needing a single thing.

I run same car as taxi. About same mile as yours. Only had regular servicing, tyres, 1 cv joint, new pair of cv boots. Still on original clutch etc. It's gotts go soon, surely! Car has been fantastic, considering replacing with same again. But part of me wants Audi A8, my mate runs a bmw 7series for his taxi so there is a bit of competion between us! :D:D:D:D

They're not all that nice! The lad with the 7 series is my old boss. He never had a 7 when i drove for him!!!:mad:. Though he did have audi a6 and bmw 325 so not so bad. Looked at new superb II but can't help feeling for same money or less i could have second hand Audi A8. We'll see, prob gonna change in the summer.

• 1 month later...

Ive got the Superb Elegance, 1.9tdi. Yet another CV joint gone, got an irritating bulb out warning which stealership cannot fix.Interior space is good for passengers but if you are doing airport runs like I do then the boot space is rubbish.The new Superb might be better as its a hatch but the running gear is based on the Octavia with the transverse engine set up.

I have run an 03 130 classic from new as a taxi, the mileage runs at around 45 mpg 60 plus on long runs, it has covered 270k. so far.

The things that have gone wrong, boot hing, 1 CV joint, the usual no interior light thats about it apart from normal servicing every 10k

It had a new clutch assembly at 170k

The boot space is the fly in the ointment 4 large cases and you cannot get them in.

Now when they bring out the estate i will be first in line

• 8 months later...

I'm running a 105 classic 30 months old 175K miles in belfast

issues

Clutch 130K

CV jionts/boots drivers side 50K

Dip Bulbs evry 7 weeks better since stealer did retrofit ??? now the light switch fissels

Front tyres 20K providing not punctured

Front pads similar do not change same time as rears!

Big issue

Cat broke (so dealer said) replaced reluctantly under warranty after skoda uk intervention.

Overall, happy with car, returning 40mpg ave on standaed 16" steels with so so tyres

would by another but not sure about superb 2. main porblem dealer support.