Stage 2 Fab vs Corsa VXR

Guest BigJase88

Ths was my understanding of things, I've been looking into upgrading my revo map to stage 2 and I just need an exhaust.

Tbh if you ask me stage 1 is a remap on oem turbo with whatever add on's you fancy at the end of the day a pd 130 turbo is only gona put out x amount of bhp! Stage 2 is bigger turbo :8

One of the guys I use to work with had a Corsa VXR. When my VRS was std he owned me. But once I had the tuning box on I was able to keep up with him mid-range. Now i'm on a remap and a good jump in power its all over for the VXR!

Guest BigJase88

One of the guys I use to work with had a Corsa VXR. When my VRS was std he owned me. But once I had the tuning box on I was able to keep up with him mid-range. Now i'm on a remap and a good jump in power its all over for the VXR!

That suprises me :/ maybe your mates vxr is a dud it should still pull on a mapped fabia a tad

back to handling - my standard corsa handles better than my standard fabia... with no exception.

Is it a VXR? I have the great pleasure of driving the ECOflex and its horrible, like a wallowing walrus in the bends, no feedback through the wheel and it could go anyway it wants in a corner, it decides for you :)

Is it a VXR? I have the great pleasure of driving the ECOflex and its horrible, like a wallowing walrus in the bends, no feedback through the wheel and it could go anyway it wants in a corner, it decides for you :)

To be fair, im sure the same version of Fabia is just as much fun, your cant base every cars handling on the basic, low spec version really :/

To be fair, im sure the same version of Fabia is just as much fun, your cant base every cars handling on the basic, low spec version really :/

I haven't driven the eco version of the fabia, but I've driven a polo bluemotion and that was a much better drive. Can't see the fabia being much different.

i owned a std Mervia Vxr 1.6 T it was RR at 201bhp and 234ft-lb as have many mervia's not sure why but they all have a higher power than stated in the book anyway i held a local meet for vxronline.co.uk a couple of weeks ago i had 2 meriva vxr and a corsa vxr with us for a "Steady Drive" over the moors my fabia is stage 1 178bhp 285ft-lb i pulled away form the merivas no problem the corsa vxr took some more effort as it handels much better in the corners but on the straghts i was closeing the gap with ease this was over a 50min drive long straghts and twistys with some better springs it would be a different story.

Prevouis to that i arranged a meet at the lake district i met an astra vxr std on route and over 40mins of driveing i had to slow down several times for him to catch up in HIS own words he couldnt keep up with the mid range pull of my fabia this was further proved on the RR day we had when we did a simulated 1/4 run the std astra vxr 15.3 sec and the fabia stage 1 14.9 B) (i ran a 16sec 1/4 mile at santa pod in my meriva vxr although it was a DAM hot day)

top end the astra is much quicker than the fabia but from my own experaince with owning a meriva the little 1.6T runs out of puff 100+ mph and as they have the nearly the same engine as the corsa im sure it will be the same story with that

and as mentioned but to clarify the vxr does have over boost BUT it only last 5 sec then you have to wait 10sec ish for it to reset so you have to pick the right time to over take in an unmapped vxr as once its used in one gear its not reset for the next gear if you follow me

Guest BigJase88

Hmmm when i had my mapped fabia rr'd at 173bhp i got humped off a nurburgring astra vxr and i mean humped in my opinion the fabia vrs mapped is quick upto around 80 mph then it just dies,

not had the pleasure yet in my 230 vrs however

the nurburgring astra vxr's are abit quicker than the other astra vxr's as they have the remus exhuast and dont have the pre cat so there bhp/ft-lb is higher, boreing fact for you all the Nurburgring Astras where made in germany and as there TUV laws are so strict they can not be made with the remus on and sold over there so the ones that are sold over here are shipped over with the std exhaust on then where sent to 888 raceing where they then had there std exhuast taken off and the remus one (pre cat removed as it has been sold over here) put on then shipped to the dealers got a pic somewhere of there car park full of Nurburgring astras with std exhausts on and no plates.

also, this stage 1 stage 2 lark, imo stage 2 is bigger turbo, fmic & clutch.

My stage 1 car is on 177bhp & 305lbft, so i mean, whoever was saying stage 2 is 180bhp and 310lbft must be slightly out....

Twas me - only going by figures I was supplied by Revo when I had my Ibiza MK4 TDI.

Figures may have changed but that's how I see the stages anyhow! :)

Guest BigJase88

Yeah cjs i must be on like stage ten

1 miltek cat and system

2 bmc cda

3 pd150 hybrid

4 fmic

5 sachs clutch

6 brembos

7 kw coilies

8 custom map

9 egr delete

10 ccv mod

so im running a stage 10 vrs :o

• 4 years later...

Luckily I usually only come across standard Corsa's - generically a 17,18 year old lad and his mates looking across and pointing forward at a set of lights. Always makes me smile when those lights turn to green :)

Don't think I'd attempt it with a Vxr though, don't want to have to get into mid range to compete, I'd rather avoid the fines and points/ban!

JRJG