Steven Gerrard to Captain England

vRS Carl

Due to the departure of Rio ( who I feel sorry for and I reckon we will miss massively ) Steven Gerrard will now captain the side.

Hopefully that will make him raise his game and steer the side to victory.

Personally I think he should have been the captain all along.

I don't think they should have got rid of John Terry as captain. I don't like the bloke, but he is a good leader and organiser. I've never been too keen on Steve Gerrard in an England shirt, he's never really replicated what he can do for Liverpool.

I heard Rio's injury was due to a tackle in training by Heskey! Nice one Emile, you shouldn't even be there!

I hope he plays on the same side as Rooney in training otherwise we're fooked!

Not too worried Rio's crocked.Would be if it was Rooney!

In football,never understood if the captain really influences the game in any way shape or form??

As an avid Man U fan for the last 25 yrs. I can safely say that Rio's departure from the world cup would make no difference whatsoever.

He is rubbish. One of the most over rated pieces of over paid cr@p that Man U have ever seen.

On a par with the likes of Terry/Lampard. Earning big bucks. Lapping up the lifestyle but not rewarding the fans with performance.

My old mother would kick a casey better..

Glad he aint goin. He can concentrate on playing pranks on Rotherham reserves

I don't think they should have got rid of John Terry as captain. I don't like the bloke, but he is a good leader and organiser. I've never been too keen on Steve Gerrard in an England shirt, he's never really replicated what he can do for Liverpool.

Look back at the number of goals each have scored for England ( you can even include in Frances Lumphard ) with the number of games played ;)