Skoda Estate Spoiler on FL VRS

that looks like the original skoda version. Ive not checked for a while so maybe theyve altered it and started producing it again for the FL and pre FL? It would be cheaper from the dealers, about £103 last time I checked.

that looks like the original skoda version. Ive not checked for a while so maybe theyve altered it and started producing it again for the FL and pre FL? It would be cheaper from the dealers, about £103 last time I checked.

I emailed superskoda asking if it would fit, told them what has been said. They replied with 'of course', which doesnt fill me with confidence.

The Superskoda spoiler is the same as the OE one, it may even be the OE version, as I see it the only issue is the boot clearance (as shown in my earlier picture comparsion) surely the best way to ensure a good fit without damage is to modify the 2 edges that protrude, iirc the sploier was a solid lump of fibreglass/plastic or what ever they use now, so the offending parts could be cut down slightly and sanded smooth!

post-41023-0-57180900-1297684917_thumb.jpg

I have had the same problem and as stated both the pre FL and FL are the same car the only difference is the panel gap between the boot and the roof are different on both cars and technicaly the spoiler will clash with the boot when open, you can either profile the spoiler to fit or mount the spoiler slightly back to give clearence when the boot is open.

I have had the same problem and as stated both the pre FL and FL are the same car the only difference is the panel gap between the boot and the roof are different on both cars and technicaly the spoiler will clash with the boot when open, you can either profile the spoiler to fit or mount the spoiler slightly back to give clearence when the boot is open.

would it look odd/out of place if you positioned it back slightly, how slight is the distance, thanks

surely the best way to ensure a good fit without damage is to modify the 2 edges that protrude, iirc the sploier was a solid lump of fibreglass/plastic or what ever they use now, so the offending parts could be cut down slightly and sanded smooth!

Agreed. That's exactly what I'd do if I were in this position. Get the bodyshop to sand down the edges would be the ideal solution, as the overall fitment position wouldn't be altered, so no risk of it looking 'odd'.

The problem has been sorted on mine. The hinges were adjusted slightly by the bodyshop and now there is about 1 mm gap after opening the boot. They are even going to touch it up for me. Job done, no wind noise, as it is just a slight adjustment.

Edinburgh! bit far for me as I live 10 minutes from the Channel Tunnel!

I posted my last reply from work where the IT system has just been upgraded to XP and we are still on internet explorer 5 so I didn't see the pic's, if you compare the gap between the boot and roof on mine is much bigger (use the distance from the back of the spoiler as pictured).

post-41023-12769755766946_thumb.jpg post-41023-12769755635459_thumb.jpg

The mark you mention isn't that bad tbh, I'm sure you could use a touch up stick and hide it completely. :thumbup:

A word of warning about this.

I had the Skoda OEM tailgate spoiler sprayed and fitted by a local body shop shortly after I took delivery of my Octavia.

I had bought the spoiler on eBay as a stock clearance bargain about 18 months before, in anticipation of getting another Octavia Estate.

After it had been fitted, it took me a while to realise that there was actually a clearance issue which was marking both the spoiler and the roof edge.

What I hadn't realised is that the pressure of the contact, (which was obviously happening from the moment after it was fitted) when opening the tailgate, was actually dislodging the spoiler and one day at **mph on the M1 there was a loud crack and a bang and I was left with only a 1/3 of the spoiler still in place.

I have now bought a repalcement from Milotec which has a different design on it's leading edge, so is not likely to present this problem, but of course, now I need to get it sprayed and fitted.

John.

I had the Skoda OEM tailgate spoiler sprayed and fitted by a local body shop shortly after I took delivery of my Octavia.

I had bought the spoiler on eBay as a stock clearance bargain about 18 months before, in anticipation of getting another Octavia Estate.

After it had been fitted, it took me a while to realise that there was actually a clearance issue which was marking both the spoiler and the roof edge.

What I hadn't realised is that the pressure of the contact, (which was obviously happening from the moment after it was fitted) when opening the tailgate, was actually dislodging the spoiler and one day at **mph on the M1 there was a loud crack and a bang and I was left with only a 1/3 of the spoiler still in place.

I have now bought a repalcement from Milotec which has a different design on it's leading edge, so is not likely to present this problem, but of course, now I need to get it sprayed and fitted.

John.

:o

John.

Sounds pretty damgerous!

Can you update when you have fitted the Milotec one, some pics would be good :yes: , i may go doen this route also, thanks for the info!!

Having just recently moved up from a Mk1 estate to a pre FL Elegance estate(and how long did it take me find out what 'FL' stood for !!), one of the things I'm finding is that the rear door gets very much dirtier than the Mk1's did. Does this spoiler help that at all, or is purely cosmetic ?

Rob

Having just recently moved up from a Mk1 estate to a pre FL Elegance estate(and how long did it take me find out what 'FL' stood for !!), one of the things I'm finding is that the rear door gets very much dirtier than the Mk1's did. Does this spoiler help that at all, or is purely cosmetic ?

Rob

Cosmetic IMHO, I certainly haven't noticed the rear screen being any cleaner! :thumbdown:

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know of where i can still get a genuine estate spoiler from (any dealers aware of any back stock etc) as want one for mine. Cheers

If you can't get one from the stealers, the one on Superskoda is identical to mine. :thumbup: