Pictures of the Milkfloat

fluffmeister

Is this a joke? emoticon-0120-doh.gif

Why would it be a joke .... Triumph for hooning around, Prius to get from A-B for work, Zero road tax, £340 a year in company car tax as I bought it through my business. More money in my pocket and it's actually a pretty good car to drive.

I liked the concept behind the Prius but the execution wasn't great. A friend has one and overall he only gets 3 mpg more than my motor. Combine that with the environmental impact of battery production/disposal I always thought Toyota made a hash of it. A triumph of PR though seeming as everyone seems to view a noisy diesel as some polluting monster, whereas they think a Prius is Green Peace's limo.

Having said all of that, from your own financial point of view I can see it makes sense and to be fair, my friend says the same as you do in that it's not a bad drive around town. Still feels odd to me when he sets off and there's no engine revs and continuous torque. Guess you get used to it soon enough. Nice interior. Any issues with it so far?

Edited by allclownsareevi

Not had any issues with it, and just clocked up 1700 miles in the 3 weeks or so I have had it. My Toyota dealer seems to be pretty good, went in today for some tweak's I wanted applying to the software on the car and there was free coffee and no charge. Got a free bottle of Inverter Coolant and 0w20 Engine oil as well. As for the environmental impact of the batteries, the initial production of the batteries is where people can poke holes in the Toyota PR machine, but the Factory where it's built is as green as they come http://green.autoblog.com/2009/06/29/toyota-to-build-new-prius-in-eco-factory-in-japan/

Quiet a few people I know who hate them with a passion didn't even recognise my Gen3 as a prius when they wandered out into the car park to take the **** :)

All in all I am loving it, actually quite fun to drive in a bizarre way as well.

Is the switchover noticeable?

Not really, it's just smooth and linear, no bumps or kicks. In fact the power delivery is the most boring part of the car. Sometimes the petrol motor cut's in just to recharge the batteries. When you are at a junction, the petrol motor shuts down and you run electric until you either boot it or hit 30mph, then the petrol just merges in.

People will want to take the p*** for owning a Prius but if it suits you financially who cares? I man like you say, you don't get home any faster and you've got a bike for speed.

You still got the Superb btw?

People will want to take the p*** for owning a Prius but if it suits you financially who cares? I man like you say, you don't get home any faster and you've got a bike for speed.

You still got the Superb btw?

No mate, and no bull****, I sold it for £5 more than I paid for it after 6 months and an extra 12k miles on it :)

I actually love the ****taking, and have broad shoulders :)

No mate, and no bull****, I sold it for £5 more than I paid for it after 6 months and an extra 12k miles on it :)

I actually love the ****taking, and have broad shoulders :)

Hey, I get the p*** taken for owning a Skoda fella. :yes: My previous cars were somewhat more sporty and everyone thought I was joking when I said I was on the hunt for a Skoda Superb. I kinda like it though, you know the ridicule. :rofl:

actually ..... and no dig at you here, I liked it when my mate who owns the Prius proudly showed me his average MPG figures and they weren't too far from my own. There's just no way you'd think my big, lumbering, noisy, smoky Superb was economical.

That's a pretty good deal on the superb when you came to sell it. Liking the colour of your Prius btw.

Tony took me out for a a spin in the milkfloat on Saturday.

I have to say I'm quite impressed. Alhough it's by no means a proper drivers car, there's enough poke to keep it entertaining, gadgets aplenty and it's like Tony is Captain Kirk in his very own USS Prius.

Plus it has some neat little guages that tell you how much Tofu reserves you have, and how many polar bears you've not killed by taking the prius instead of walking.

Well, there are two of us older forum members now polishing away, as I also have a Toyota Prius, more toys than Santa Grotto and dirt cheap to run, and unlike some cars they seem to hold their residual values.

Isn't there a saying "You can't polish a turd"?

Fluffmeister proves it wrong

Ho Ho Ho Ho ........ I only washed it btw, not polished it yet. Have you driven one :)

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter ...........lol

Is the beast from the east down south with you this week ????

Do I need to put the sign up yet ??

Yes, Yes and Yes :)

What night are you free sir :)

Bloody ell Tony , have some consideration , its ok knowing someone who has 1 , or even admitting you have a mate with 1 , but dont goparking it on Fattys drive , his neighbours will see it ffs.

Bloody ell Tony , have some consideration , its ok knowing someone who has 1 , or even admitting you have a mate with 1 , but dont goparking it on Fattys drive , his neighbours will see it ffs.

It's ok, I have got magnetic signs on the door, they say "Dairycrest - Man yoghurt delivery service"

Yes, Yes and Yes :)

What night are you free sir :)

Wednesday after 8 and thursday are good for me, do you need an extension lead to charge it lol

It's ok, they like a bit of eco-warrioring around here, besides I'll make sure there no space outside my house......... He'll be in the next street if my plan works lol