Garrett turbo from ASZ Golf to fabia VRS ASZ

As per the title really :p Garrett from an asz engined golf (think it was a gt tdi 130) into my ASZ fabia? Would it just be a case of clocking and bolting?

i am sure if it is a garret and the golf is a GT TDI i think they are 150bhp model and yes they fit as i have just put one on mine i am not sure about engine codes as such but they are the same so i would say it would fit :dull:

being not very mechanically minded, clocking is rotating the turbo housing/pipes to a different orientation to clear whatever might be in the way or so the feeds face the right direction depending on engine layout and space.

Guest BigJase88

yes it will fit might not even need clocked if its an asz engine code

the pd150 atd needs clocked

• 8 years later...
33 minutes ago, seanie-vrs said:

anyone know where i can get a turbo to fit my Skoda vrs engine  asz 04 plate 

I have blown mine today what turbo will fit it from another vag 

Anything secondhand will be 15 years old so there's no point, get yours rebuilt.

This thread is 8 years old BTW.

anyone know where i can get a turbo to fit my Skoda vrs engine  asz 04 plate 

I have blown mine today what turbo will fit it from another vag 

or where i can buy a new one under £300.00 long shot 

8 minutes ago, SEVrs said:

New under £300?  No chance.  My Garret cost me £780 plus fitting a year ago!!!

I know, he's not listening, this thread is a bust, the dude can't afford to fix his car.

I gave him the cheapest option, he ignored me and reposted the same question because he wants a different answer.

Were you never in a situation perhaps when you were younger and could not afford to fix your car or throw big money away?

If not then I can understand your lack of empathy and humility but I can assure you that having been in that situation several times throughout my life, the last one from 2004 through to 2014 its not very pleasant to be mocked like that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Were you never in a situation perhaps when you were younger and could not afford to fix your car or throw big money away?

If not then I can understand your lack of empathy and humility but I can assure you that having been in that situation several times throughout my life, the last one from 2004 through to 2014 its not very pleasant to be mocked like that.

I try to give best advice, it's a technical question, I'm not qualified to provide emotional support as well, it certainly wasn't mockery.

22 hours ago, SEVrs said:

New under £300?  No chance.  My Garret cost me £780 plus fitting a year ago!!!

18 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

I try to give best advice, it's a technical question, I'm not qualified to provide emotional support as well, it certainly wasn't mockery.

i only asked no need to bite off my head abt it 

£300 new turbo we all dont work okay and only had the car 10days 

been offered one with manifold for 90 delivered waiting to here bk now okay 

garage boss () sed maybe able to get a recon for 300£ 

Edited by seanie-vrs
4 got to add 2nd haed one i got offered

No one was biting your head off.  You asked a question, it was answered.  If you don't work and don't have money then running a car like this, and maintaining it, takes money.  You were advised to get yours reconditioned and I told you how much  Garrett replacement would cost you.  A replacement turbo for £90?  I don't think so.  If it looks like a free lunch, such things generally don't exist.  A knackered turbo as a donor for a refurb would cost you more than £90...buyer beware.  Recon might just be possible for £300 but unless you know who did the work, how good they are, if it's been properly balanced and that the bearings are A1, then it could prove costly.  I won't offer any more as clearly you don't seem to want advice from this forum.  Good luck with it anyway.

Edited by SEVrs