Just got a vRS

Just myself a 2007 Fabia vRS. Couldn't resist any more. Got a good deal on my Fabia Silverline so had a mid life crisis and took the plunge.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc103/nbavin/our%20fabias/ourfabias009.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc103/nbavin/our%20fabias/ourfabias011-1.jpg

So far so good. I'm really pleased withit

ourfabias009.jpg

ourfabias011-1.jpg

Fantastic. You had proper drive of it yet?

Looks very very clean and nice to see a late plate VRS :) Any plans or you going to keep it stock?

Edited by foey

looks mint welcome to the club :D I agree colour coded handles are the way forward I want some :(

very clean car.like the door handles colour coded. is that original? mine is silver, and they are just black plastic..

2006MY cars onwards had proper colour coded door handles. Except the black ones, which just had black plastic as before.

Looks nice, what miles?

It is as well, although I say it. One owner car, full history, 29k. Registered March 2007. And did a stonking good deal on it with Dennis Horton Skoda at Lincoln.

Fantastic. You had proper drive of it yet?

Looks very very clean and nice to see a late plate VRS :) Any plans or you going to keep it stock?

Thanks mate. Think I'll keep it more or less standard. I've only done 100 miles in it with the furthest being 20 miles away. Took my mate for a blast in it tonight and accidentely got up to 110mph. Totally by accident on a private road!

I'm pleased with it as well. You can run around at 50 or 60 and if you want just plant the throttle and it surges forward. Looked on You Tube of the time Jeremy Clarkson took it around their test track and for once I do agree with him. He said the power seems to come in a huge lump and I agree.

Although to be fair I've bought for its combination of economy and touring abilities, not outright top speed. Oh, and the fact I'm a Skoda fanatic also helped.

Re-map her. :thumbup: Although, you might find its already been done?

I'll keep her standard as I'm 50 next year, although what age has got to do with it god knows?

very clean car.like the door handles colour coded. is that original? mine is silver, and they are just black plastic..

Like wja96 says from model year 2006 coloured coded handles became standard. They do look good as well.

Took my mate for a blast in it tonight and accidentely got up to 110mph. Totally by accident on a private road!

also helped.

Yeh yeh we've all heard the old by accident on a private road line :D but yeh welcome to da club mate enjoy your vrs an its imba combo of performance and economy! :thumbup:

I'll keep her standard as I'm 50 next year, although what age has got to do with it god knows?

I thought that looked like sheltered housing in the background :D .

Agree, I'm getting on a bit as well and keeping mine standard.

Lovely clean looking vRS :thumbup:

Is that other Fabia yours too?

Make full use of your warranty and be sure all the usual problems

are sorted by them before the year is up.

Particularly the console bushes and leaky doors!!

After the years up get a remap and the power delivery will be more

progressive and less "lumpy"... :thumbup:

I thought that looked like sheltered housing in the background :D .

Agree, I'm getting on a bit as well and keeping mine standard.

Well spotted. It is sheltered housing, but I care for my parents, help! One of the reasons I decided to get a vRS. I might start a Briskoda OAP section, including vRS's zimmerframes and mobility buggies :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lovely clean looking vRS :thumbup:

Is that other Fabia yours too?

Make full use of your warranty and be sure all the usual problems

are sorted by them before the year is up.

Particularly the console bushes and leaky doors!!

After the years up get a remap and the power delivery will be more

progressive and less "lumpy"... :thumbup:

Thanks mate.

The other Fabias my old mans, he's 85 but thinking of spending his money on a new Octavia Vrs tdi Estate :rofl:

I do drive a 1998 Felicia GLi for work. Had it for 7 years.

Like wja96 says from model year 2006 coloured coded handles became standard. They do look good as well.

Mines an 06 and I've got plastic ones, Skoda must of been cheapskates with my car lol!

Nice Fab :)

Edited by Morg

V Nice,Im liking the Silver and black on the Fabia colour range.

I would black the grill black and fit a Cupra R Splitter it tends to finish the front of the car off. Thats if your bothered about the cosmetic side.

(Dont worry it doesnt look like the average skating board glued on to your bumper) :rofl:

Maybe somebody with a silver Fabia could post a picture on here with it done? to show you

Thanks

2006MY cars onwards had proper colour coded door handles. Except the black ones, which just had black plastic as before.

are you sure? mines a 56 plate with black handles :'(