Woot cheap road tax

Renewed my Road Tax today, I was quite shocked to see it only being £110 :)

After years and years of driving petrol cars, getting road tax of £110 seems quite satisfying!

If only I didn't have to pay £500/yr on insurance, and my recent con £54 MOT

Renewed my Road Tax today, I was quite shocked to see it only being £110 :)

If only I didn't have to pay £500/yr on insurance, and my recent con £54 MOT

Hay, I pay £400 insurance (10y NCB) and only £35ish for MOT. But road Tax is more expansive (£120, I think)

Edited by Jim H

My vRS is only £110 for the year.

According to Parkers, the vRS is 140g/km whereas mine is listed as 138 on the logbook. I think this was from when they changed the 6th gear ratios?

According to my V5, my 2004 ASZ engined vRS is 146 g/km. So this year it'll be £125

Our 2003 1.9TDI is 132 g/km, so will be £110

Edited by Jim H

Nearly fainted when I found out mine was £180, testament to my damage to the atmosphere I suppose. Strange that you can run more polluting cars and pay less if the car was made before a certain date and is below 1.6l though.

My girlfrirends mum has a new 3 Series BMW at the moment as a hire car while hers is in for a repair - and I noticed that it is £30 for the year due to low emmisions... on a 2.0 diesel!! I know some of the new small diesels are cheap tax, but that surprised me!

Marc

My girlfrirends mum has a new 3 Series BMW at the moment as a hire car while hers is in for a repair - and I noticed that it is £30 for the year due to low emmisions... on a 2.0 diesel!! I know some of the new small diesels are cheap tax, but that surprised me!

Marc

we have a 1 series same engine, and can confirm it is only £30 a year, not bad for a 141 bhp car! most of the other cars in that category are lacking power and boring lol

I'm still on the old tax bracket for my Fabia VRS

6 months is £68.75 and £125 for a year :( And the worst part it's due at the end of the month then MOT 2 weeks after along with my run arounds MOT being due in 2 and a bit weeks! :(

Edited by Juego

my friend has an 02 polo 1.4 tdi

tax is £35 a year, quality! bang a 1.8t in it cheap cheap :8

the £35 tax group is no more, it has been split up into 3 new groups a £0 a year, a £15 a year, and a £30 a year group