best and worst

As the title says what is the best and worst thing about your skoda, what do you love and hate about it?

i used to love the way people looked twice at it . and changed there mind on the badge.

and leaving people behind when they tried and raced me.

the worst thing was a very tiny annoying rattle that you could hardly hear.

Best thing is the engine. Love its torque, tunability, rich diagnostics, easy to service, only bad thing i can think about the engine is the noise, it's crap compared to V8s etc. but that's kinda expected for a 4 pot...

Worst thing about my Skoda is Skoda UK who wouldn't let me have folding mirrors on my Vrs nor a reversing camera nor rear heated seats no steering wheel buttons on my manual car and all this was after telling me that wouldn't let me have a 4x4 Octy Elegance with the 2.0 Tsi Vrs engine.

I am now on my 2nd Fabia now as i love them, great little car with an expensive VW feel to it but cheaper than VW equiverlent.

When people ask what i drive and i love saying it's a Skoda then they all now say they are good cars now VW own them.

What i don't like about Skoda is the customer services when i had a problem with my old Fabia they werent very helpfull.

Diesel Mk 1 Superb 130 PS

Best: Engine economy and performance. Build standard. Reliability.

Worst: VAG producing this car with a dangerous defect (water ingress rusts brake servo) which they knew all about on the Passat. Sheer contempt for their customers. The ineptitude of the dealers who neglect servicing items and cause actual vehicle damage.

I won't buy another VAG vehicle as they sold me a potentially unsafe car. I don't expect to have to spend my time fixing their design faults.

rotodiesel.

Diesel Mk 1 Superb 130 PS

Best: Engine economy and performance. Build standard. Reliability.

Worst: VAG producing this car with a dangerous defect (water ingress rusts brake servo) which they knew all about on the Passat. Sheer contempt for their customers. The ineptitude of the dealers who neglect servicing items and cause actual vehicle damage.

I won't buy another VAG vehicle as they sold me a potentially unsafe car. I don't expect to have to spend my time fixing their design faults.

rotodiesel.

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that mate. Reading this has put a little dent in my confidence with them now. I no longer swear by VAG. Not at all. Hope you get the problem sorted by them. Isn't there a recall for the fault?

No recall, and they've done it again on later cars with the Teves Mk60 ABS controller.

Google, to see how VAG treats their customers - fancy a £1500 repair bill on a 4 year old car? VAG know perfectly well they have fitted a pile of junk to these vehicles.

Next car Japanese.

rotodiesel.

Best bit: - Engine

Worst bits - Build quality doesn't live up to the reputation VAG make (but then does any of it) and reliability of some parts (DMF), inability to surf the torque (Due to DMF), soggy handling.

Edited by cheezemonkhai