Trying to justify buying the vRS

May have sold your car a little prematurely then. Even at the shortest time a new car will take at least 6 weeks to be delivered so looks like you would always have had to go secondhand or ex demo/prereg.

Very premature apparently although the chance was there so I took it. It's not often someone buys a 3 litre petrol. B)

So I was in the showroom today asking if they had any ex-demos etc

They only had one and as luck would have it, it was an estate but iunfortunately the managing director had it out for the day.

Earliest I could see it would be Monday........strange that he taks the car away for the weekend when it's more likely to sell.

Car was advertised at £21,000 for3 months old with 7000 miles on the clock.

Sale rep got very upset when I said I could get brand new for that price with my exact spec (£20, 500 for estate with DSG, Bolero, PDC, Xenons, Metallic)

Started going on about supply and demand and yes there was a shortage at the moment.

He suggested that if I bought from drive the deal I may end up waiting a very long time for the car if at all as they would be making a loss on that kind if price.

And if it is supply and demand that sales through Skoda would take priority.

Ended the conversation with a bye bye which I thought was very amateurish.

So looks like drive the deal and I'll get a rundaround for the wait.

Anyone know what sort of times it could be?

Very premature apparently although the chance was there so I took it. It's not often someone buys a 3 litre petrol. B)

They only had one and as luck would have it, it was an estate but iunfortunately the managing director had it out for the day.

Earliest I could see it would be Monday........strange that he taks the car away for the weekend when it's more likely to sell.

Sale rep got very upset when I said I could get brand new for that price with my exact spec (£20, 500 for estate with DSG, Bolero, PDC, Xenons, Metallic)

Started going on about supply and demand and yes there was a shortage at the moment.

He suggested that if I bought from drive the deal I may end up waiting a very long time for the car if at all as they would be making a loss on that kind if price.

Edit: Oh and I wouldn't be entitled to the 0% finance deal over 2 years. I set his straight though, muppet :dull:

Dtd is just a broker and you will actualy be ordering the car through a franchised Skoda dealer. So the factory will get an order from the Skoda network the same as if you bought a new one from your local dealer. So there is no way it would be prioritised differently since the order will look the same from the factory point of view.

£20k seems well overpriced. I paid £19k for a new Race Blue VRS CR estate with heated seats, full leather, rear parking sensors, auto lights, sunset glass and maxidot (the Bolero is standard so not a cost option).

If you goto DTD, you prob wont get the zero % finance as i suspect it is direct delaer sales only. The dealer didnt even realise that I could have Zero VAT & Zero % finance on a vRS, till I showed him a screen print from the SUK site,

He still wasnt convinced that he could do it till he tried :)

So its now just wait for a delivery date.

Way too expensive, i had a race blue VRS diesel estate with DSG and all of the estras ex demo with 2000 on the clock for 18500 and i am sure you could get them cheaper than that.

Way too expensive, i had a race blue VRS diesel estate with DSG and all of the estras ex demo with 2000 on the clock for 18500 and i am sure you could get them cheaper than that.

Cheers Rob

Now that's exactly the kind of deal I am looking for!

Edited by the_boy

Some dealers will match DTD or get within a hundred or 2. Suggest you ring around.

PM me with your mail address & I can send you the Skoda dealer list if it helps

Not sure where you are but I can recomend a dealer in Kent. I went there from Hampshire, First class service at the right price :thumbup:

Edited by Stuart_J

Some dealers will match DTD or get within a hundred or 2. Suggest you ring around.

PM me with your mail address & I can send you the Skoda dealer list if it helps

Not sure where you are but I can recomend a dealer in Kent. I went there from Hampshire, First class service at the right price :thumbup:

Cheers Stuart,

I'm Newcastle Upon Tyne which is a bit far from Kent lol

I was going to go to Silbury today but things conspired against me, perhaps mid week...

If I were going to specify a vRS at the moment I'd choose a 170CR for economy with:

1/ DSG box - A personal choice because of arthritis in my left leg, love the smooth almost imperceptible changes, however a nightmare in the snow!

2/ Maxidot - Worth every penny for the flexibility it brings.

3/ Xenons - Had them on 3 cars now & wouldn't be without them, lighting to a new level.

4/ Spare Wheel - You might never need it, however if the side wall of your tyre goes, the can of gunk is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

5/ Bluetooth/MFSW - Hands free calling, no chance of getting a £60 + 3pts with this setup.

6/ Heated Seats - Lovely on those icy cold mornings.

7/ Parking Sensors - Cheaper than a new bumper.

8/ Auto Lights - Nice to be shown the path home at night & for when you're driving in the rain.

I wouldn't have:

1/ Columbus Sat Nav - Expensive & doesn't accept full UK postcodes, you can get either a Tom Tom, Garmin, Navman or Navigon for £1200 less & it does the same thing.

2/ Metallic Paint - Easily spoilt by those who hate to see people with nice things, bushes on country lanes & it costly to repair should it get scratched.

If I were going to specify a vRS at the moment I'd choose a 170CR for economy with:

1/ DSG box - A personal choice because of arthritis in my left leg, love the smooth almost imperceptible changes, however a nightmare in the snow!

2/ Maxidot - Worth every penny for the flexibility it brings.

3/ Xenons - Had them on 3 cars now & wouldn't be without them, lighting to a new level.

4/ Spare Wheel - You might never need it, however if the side wall of your tyre goes, the can of gunk is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

5/ Bluetooth/MFSW - Hands free calling, no chance of getting a £60 + 3pts with this setup.

6/ Heated Seats - Lovely on those icy cold mornings.

7/ Parking Sensors - Cheaper than a new bumper.

8/ Auto Lights - Nice to be shown the path home at night & for when you're driving in the rain.

I wouldn't have:

1/ Columbus Sat Nav - Expensive & doesn't accept full UK postcodes, you can get either a Tom Tom, Garmin, Navman or Navigon for £1200 less & it does the same thing.

2/ Metallic Paint - Easily spoilt by those who hate to see people with nice things, bushes on country lanes & it costly to repair should it get scratched.

I'd agree with this apart from the heated seats - never needed them really and the bluetooth.... I've got a good dentist. :giggle:

If you goto DTD, you prob wont get the zero % finance as i suspect it is direct delaer sales only. The dealer didnt even realise that I could have Zero VAT & Zero % finance on a vRS, till I showed him a screen print from the SUK site,

The dealer that DtD put you in touch with will be able to offer you the full range of Skoda finance options.

Not when I don't have a car (sold on Saturday)and am biking to work.

Plus need it for the trip to the Lakes in August.

You talking about Derek Slacks in Middlesborough I think?

No not Derek Slacks, MSB in Darlington.

Oh no, you really must try them when you're deicing the car on a frosty morning waiting for the screen to clear, or when it peeing down with sit there in the warm & snug.

Oh I forgot to add MDI & Ipod connection. emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Which ***** de-ices their car ? Mine's garaged hence not required. It's safer too and considerably lowers my insurance. :rofl:

Have a look at this thread:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/154448-calculating-running-costs-petrol-v-diesel-scout/

On there, there was a link to a .zip file (I've attached it again to this post) that has an excel 2007 format sheet that you can put your own numbers in to do a cost comparison between a petrol and diesel Octavia. I guess there is nothing to stop you putting other numbers in to compare other vehicles........

Justin

There are errors in the figures on this file:

Tax for subsequent years on petrol vRS is £180 not £200

Combined MPG (from brochure, rounded-up) for petrol is 38 for T-FSI , 50mpg for diesel

Other factors:

Depreciation - according to 'What Car' the diesel vRS is worth 5% more after 3yrs.

Diesel reliability - clutch and DMF more likely to fail on diesel, DPF problems if not doing long runs regularly.

Could extend warranty if the car is kept longer than warranty period to cover clutch and/or DMF, not sure though if warranty company would pay out if it's classed as wear and tear.

I've done insurance quotes on Gocompare and Confused and found the petrol to be £35 cheaper per yr, which is odd. Could be because the newest petrol vRS found is 2005 onwards, whereas they list 2009 onwards for diesel model.

Thoughts anyone?

Edited by Ultima

Yes you can - I have ;)