maxidot v trip

Maxidot show more information when there are status updates, e.g which door is open rather than just a door, and which light has blown rather than just a bulb has gone. It also allows you to change some settings that would otherwise need to be done by a dealer or someone it VCDS, e.g. door auto locking and unlocking, alarm chirping or silent when being set, whether or not the windows can be opened or closed with the remote control, and if you order Xenons, make sure you order maxidot so that you can select the tourist mode if you drive abroad

Maxidot is worth every penny of its cost IMO, it allows access to so much information & settings that would otherwise be hidden. Although saying that it really should be standard equipment now rather than an option.

:thumbup: Well worth the money.. Although even with Maxi-Dot, I believe I still need to have it on VAG-COM to enable even more stuff.. e.g.

Apparently DRL's can be enabled via VAG COM - once enabled they appear on the Maxi-Dot. For some reason the dealer has not enabled DRL's. emoticon-0106-crying.gif

I will post a list of what I have enabled and what has suddenly appeared on the MAxi-Dot once I have it hooked up.

Agreed! I am still looking into having it retro fitted. :thumbup:

Dealer told me that because my Octavia is a FL (59 plate) then it is not yet possible to do retrofit. However I notice that skodateile.cz now show a maxidot for FL but it is for petrol model only and speedo is in kph.

Dealer told me that because my Octavia is a FL (59 plate) then it is not yet possible to do retrofit. However I notice that skodateile.cz now show a maxidot for FL but it is for petrol model only and speedo is in kph.

Can't help you with that one mate, but it might be worth dropping Ben (shark_90) a PM as I think he can do the retro fit.

Can't help you with that one mate, but it might be worth dropping Ben (shark_90) a PM as I think he can do the retro fit.

Thanks for suggestion but I did email Ben about 3 months ago. His reply was apologetic - very sorry no can do with 59 plate FL.

what does the standard trip computer show?..presumably outside temp/ave fuel/inst fuel?

in which case why is the maxidot the preferred option?

Here's pictures showing exactly what you get as standard with a non-maxidot trip computer in a new (facelift) octavia:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/147872-fl-maxidotnon-maxidot-with-pics/