What real MPGs are Scout owners getting?

:D

I would. You wouldn't want to be passed by a vRS with knobbly tyres on would you ;)

Steve

We will drive past you as you are skinning your frozen knuckles to fit your winter wheels.

B) Must admit my Scout was brill in the snow with no problems at all and thats with the standard tyres ! I wish I could say what average MPG was as my MFD 2 only counts to 20hrs which equates to 2 weeks driving around town - ABSOLUTELY USELESS :S

• 2 months later...

I'm disappointed if l fail to get the magic "50" on my mpg display when I drive to my nearest big town 20 miles away. Its a FL PD and runs on 245 rubber. Not done a brim-to-brim to check accuracy, but I figure at least the computer is always measuring on a like-for-like basis. Regular 250 mile motorway trip sees it drop to high 40s, but speed tends to be 15 - 20 mph more.

I've just switched from a 2.0TDI pre-FL Elegance to a new CR140 Scout. I have 500 miles on the clock and the Scout fuel economy is better than its lighter 2wd less draggy sister. On my 18 miles commute to work, which is through suburbia and outer London 40mph max i can get 50 mpg indicated if I'm careful and 46 if in a hurry. Turning the ac off also makes a difference, but I've not done a real hyper-mile-ing trip yet. I'm very happy with this but concious it is an indicated rather than real value. It does seem less economical on the motorway, which I assume is down to the drive train and extra drag factor and frontal area.

Guest wilkopilko

Our 2.0 PD Scout has done 32000 miles and does about 43-44mpg on usual pootering about driving locally, and about 48-50mpg on a good steady motorway run, but have had it up to mid-50's. All in all I'm pretty pleased comparing it to other similar type 4x4 cars.

2.0 PD, 70,000 miles & I'm about the same as GroundHog

(MPG Top-Tip - Try to use Cruise as much as you can on a long run)

I've got a 2.0 TDI (PD) Scout, done just under 3000 miles from new.

The average over the last 1000 miles was 38.4mpg. However the trip computer claims it was 43.3.

For the first 2000 miles I averaged 34.8mpg (which included some caravan towing), and the trip computer said it was 39.2mpg.

In both cases the trip computer is over-optimistic by 12.7%.