The horn

Had the car for 3 weeks now and have managed to press all buttons and push all knobs along the way. But I'd never tried out the horn, so gave it a toot the other day. Now, to say I was disappointed is an understatement - I was expecting a manly deep honk befitting a vRS - instead I got a pip-squeek of a toot more akin to a micra.

Is this the same for everyone? Or did I select the 'hairdressers horn' option? :rofl:

My horn is quite impressive.

Has scared the cr@p out of d!ckheads who wanna try and ruin my day.

A car such as the Octavia should never have a pathetic sounding horn. It is after all - a very masculine vehicle. :thumbup:

I think maybe you should return your car to the dealer if your not happy. Tell them the problem and insist they replace it with a MANUP version. :rofl:

deep honk befitting a vRS - instead I got a pip-squeek of a toot more akin to a micra.

Is this the same for everyone? Or did I select the 'hairdressers horn' option? :rofl:

I thought people already knew that most hairdressers had a pip-squeek HORN

There is a horn mounted each side behind the front fog lights. If you put the car on ramps, and drop the engine undertray, you've got reasonable access to the horns without dismantling anything else. One bolt holds the horn to the bodyshell, and its wiring is a waterproof multiplug.

I had to replace a horn a couple of months ago on my Octy Elegance, and can tell you the high tone is on the offside of the car, the low tone on the nearside.

I was running about for months after I got the car with a single high tone horn, and only realised it was dual tone when hearing another Octavia!

I suspect I have the same problem - only half a horn! Will live with it for now and get it fixed on the next trip to the dealers.